Looking to buy broken Sapphire 7970 3gb edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy broken Sapphire 7970 3gb edition

As the title says, I am looking to buy a broken Sapphire 7970 3gb Edition. I recently converted my rig back to air cooling as I had some complications with the water cooling. When converting, I realized I was missing one of my two 7970's air coolers (I'm usually not one to misplace things like that).

I know it is a slim chance someone has a broken one laying around but Ebay has been quite empty of them as well. What I really need is the cards cooler, not the card itself.
    Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Added picture of card for clarity
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Re: Looking to buy broken Sapphire 7970 3gb edition

Bummer, you're thinking it got thrown out? Any random boxes you had out in the room when they were taken off that are put away now? Good luck on your search.

Comment

My house recently underwent a very big renovation and addition and everything was boxed. I am VERY nit-picky about where I place my computer parts to be sure that they are not thrown out or misplaced. I ravaged my house looking for it to no avail already. The only other place it could be would be at my friends house where I built the PC. Alas, that was a year and a half ago and he goes to school in Germany. So maybe, its in his basement. I'm going to have him facetime his mom so she can look for it in their basement :)
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

If you can't find the original, you might be able to find a 3rd party cooler.

Comment

I have thought of that, the sad part is, 3rd party coolers can get up to 80$ and up. If I find a broken card I can prolly get it for $45 at most. If it comes to buying a third party cooler I might just have to suck it up and do it.

Thanks for the input!

EDIT:
          This is the best alternative cooling for a decent price I have found so far
          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835426026

Will be buying this in the next week or so if nothing pops up.
          Last edited by di1lweed1212; 02-02-2016, 11:26 AM.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

UPDATE: Found a Vapor-x version of the card on eBay. Description says the card and fan is broke but it should be no problem to fix the fan. Will update thread if it needs to be closed if I win the bidding.
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

"Card and fan is broke" might only mean power isn't reaching the fan...

Comment

He said the card actually turns on but becomes pixelated after a bit (presumably from overheating becuz the fan). I know electronics well, a fan should be no problem to find out what went wrong. I have thought of a way to test the card out before I dissect the fan. I'm going to just open the side of my case and use my small window fan to blow air directly over the card heatsink where the broken fan is. If the card works during that (not overheating) than I will take the time to fix the fan (or mod something) to make the heatsink cool down.
                A bonus to this is that it's a 6gb vram version of the 7970. In crossfire with my existing, if this works out, we'll be looking at 9gb of vram available
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                  He said the card actually turns on but becomes pixelated after a bit (presumably from overheating becuz the fan).
                  Ah, a decade or longer ago I had an ATI card with a fan that went bad, and as it overheated, white pixels of corruption started to appear in games. The problem was fully solved with a new 3rd party heatsink and fan.

Comment

UPDATE:
                    Ended up getting a broken card (the exact one) with the cooler fans just replaced and working for $42.00 on Ebay. Everything should be back together after another week. Thanks everyone for your input and help! Tiz much appreciated.
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                      UPDATE:
                      Ended up getting a broken card (the exact one) with the cooler fans just replaced and working for $42.00 on Ebay. Everything should be back together after another week. Thanks everyone for your input and help! Tiz much appreciated.
                      Cool, no pun intended... if you ever come across the missing cooler you might be able to resell and recoup the cost of the replacement.

Comment

Indeed! I'm sure there is some other bloke in the same position I am.
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X