Two BFG 7800GTX OC 256s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two BFG 7800GTX OC 256s

Oops, I meant TWO, my mistake - I was at work and rushed.

With the news of the release of the 7900 series nVidia cards I have decided I want to upgrade.
    Not that my dual BFG 7800GTX OC cards in their current SLI setup are by any means underpowered... but I've been thinking of going with 512MB cards anyway.
    Up to now that hasn't really been something I felt I needed to do.

I only have two and am spreading the word but if anyone is interested in a BFG 7800GTX OC 256 video card I will sell one or both for $400 each.
    They're $509.99 at ZipZoomFly atm.

I can be reached via PM.
    Last edited by Scooper; 03-09-2006, 11:29 PM.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Re: Two BFG 7800GTX OC 256s

Christ Almighty!
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
      Christ Almighty!
      Shhhh, you'll blow my cover.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Comment

Damn. I don't think I could ever justify spending $400 for a video card. Not with a wife and kids!

Comment

I used to say I'd never ever drop $400 on a video card.
          At this point I've bought my 3rd at over $500 and will get a fourth as soon as one of these sells.
          The good part of this level of card is that you can get back a large percentage of what you originally paid.
          I "rented" my 6800GT for a year for $100. :)

[tg-c1][conduct]

Comment

Scooper.....your a freak of nature dude. How are you going to handle that e-penis once you buy that new 7900??

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

I don't get it. Why would you ever buy a 7900 if you're just going to upgrade to something more powerful when it comes out? A 7900 isn't going to net you anything over your two 7800s right now, and by the time games take advantage of anything the 7900 has there will be many, many newer and better 3d cards.

Honestly if I had the sort of money some people seem to have :D

Comment

I just ordered a XFX 7900GT 256MB (PV-T71G-UDE7) from newegg.com today...paid $345 with shipping.
                All the reviews said not to switch out the 7800gtx for the 7900 as the performance is almost identical.

Ide hold off on that purchase or look at the ASUS dual 7900...its only around $800

It was a nice bounus check ... Sarcoma
                Sarcoma.

Comment

It was about 4 or 5 days after I got my second 7800GTX when they released the 512 cards... and they weren't cheap.
                  Then when these 7900s came out at a "reasonable" price WITH 512MB of ram and freaking insane clocks speeds I got to thinking.
                  After selling my current setup I will be around $300 out of pocket. Big deal?... no.

There is no question that there will be performance gains. To say I won't net anything over my current cards is, at best, inaccurate.
                  Quick comparison - current/new

(x2 - SLI)
                  GDDR3: 256/512
                  Core clock: 460MHz/670MHz
                  Memory Clock: 1300MHz/1640MHz
                  Million vertices/sec: 920/1440
                  Memory bandwidth: 41.6GB/second/52.4GB/second

Not to mention the fact that I'm sporting the 24" wide flat panel with a native resolution of 1920x1200. Takes a lot of horsepower to run stuff when you're pushing that many pixels.

I've sold one card and have a couple interested parties thinking about the second.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Comment

I know its not quite 670, but i OC'ed my 78000 gtx to 510 and its a nice little boost. Im not upgrading till i cant run games on high anymore. Man it must be nice to be made of money lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
                      It was about 4 or 5 days after I got my second 7800GTX when they released the 512 cards... and they weren't cheap.
                      Then when these 7900s came out at a "reasonable" price WITH 512MB of ram and freaking insane clocks speeds I got to thinking.
                      After selling my current setup I will be around $300 out of pocket. Big deal?... no.

There is no question that there will be performance gains. To say I won't net anything over my current cards is, at best, inaccurate.

(x2 - SLI)

Not to mention the fact that I'm sporting the 24" wide flat panel with a native resolution of 1920x1200. Takes a lot of horsepower to run stuff when you're pushing that many pixels.

I've sold one card and have a couple interested parties thinking about the second.
                      Nice hardware!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper

(x2 - SLI)

Your CPU and your RAM are going to be the limiting factor long before you utlilize the power of two 7800s, especially at higher resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                          Your CPU and your RAM are going to be the limiting factor long before you utlilize the power of two 7800s, especially at higher resolutions.

You base this on what? The man has not even given you his specs.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Usarion
                            You base this on what? The man has not even given you his specs.
                            Unless he's managed to use nVidia's SLi technology to hook up a couple of Athlons (a laughable proposition at best), I can't imagine a computer in the world that could effectively utilize the difference between 2 7800s and a 7900. Maybe he's got a workstation or something, or a Cray :D

Comment

I'm planning to get 2 7900s.
                              I currently have 2GB ram and a San Diego core 4000+ (2.4GHz) - I plan to go dual-core but not just yet.
                              I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium as well.
                              Also as I mentioned my monitor has a native resolution that appreciates horsepower.
                              Also again as I mentioned my out of pocket isn't really all that much. -and I'm future proofed to Vista video-wise.
                              The additional video ram will be utilized sooner than later too.

This is my hobby.
                              I don't have a wife and kids and I like to upgrade my pc... and my other pc's.

I appreciate the advice and all but I'd appreciate it more if I had titled the thread "Gimme your reasons why I shouldn't..." ;)

I've got 2 cards - one is spoken for tentatively - for sale.
                              They are screamin fast and in perfect condition.
                              Factory overclocked with lifetime warranty.

Thanks

[tg-c1][conduct]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse