Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for used harddrive for cheap price.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for used harddrive for cheap price.

Anybody have a harddrive they can sell to me?

Re: looking for used harddrive for cheap price.

What capacity you need JimN? I have some smaller drives (i.e. 6GB or less) just sitting around I think.

Comment

After this weekend I should have a bunch of 60 and 80GB SATA and EIDE drives for sale.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

a bunch?....how many computers you got?
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Drives are so cheap that I wouldn't consider a used drive for anything but very short-term use. Anything that's been in service for awhile would be of questionable reliability for long-term use.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
            Only two. One is mine and one is Luna's.

I have 6 drives in my current machine. I ordered new drives for the new machine I'm building this weekend so I will end up with a bunch of extra drives when I'm done. All are less than a year old and all of them are Seagate Barracuda 7200's.

I'm going to put one of the 80GB drives in Luna's machine as well as the X850XT video card (rather than selling it, I'd rather get her machine bumped up). I'm going to push her up to 2GB of memory too.

Comment

sorry to hijack the thread, so you are gonna get that new board and new system stuff...
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Well, gathering on what I have seen in my modest time posting on TG...I'd venture to say Apophis's house probably makes the Engineering Deck on the Starship Enterprise look like a 5th grade science project.:row__572:
                LoyalGuard

Comment

sorry to hijack the thread, so you are gonna get that new board and new system stuff...
                  Lets redirect this to the 4.1GHz P4 thread in Hardware/Software so we don't hijack it any more than we already have.

Comment

I would say at least a 60G. I have 2 Computers but I'm looking for it for my mom. I just spent some cash this week so I'm going to have to wait to buy from you guys untill next payday. I'm just looking for options in the mean time. Give me some prices.

Comment

Apophis, I might be interested in a drive or two as my primary is still only a 40GB.

Comment

I have four I don't need around - working condition unknown - offer a price plus shipping, I will verify condition this weekend.

1 - Samsung SP0411N, 40GB, AT (newer)
                        1 - DiamondMax 10, 300GB, SATA150 (18 Months Old?)
                        1 - DiamondMax Plus 9, 200GB SATA150 (18 Months Old?)
                        1 - DiamondMax Plus 60, 40.9GB AT (age unknown)
                        sigpic

Comment

I have a brand new 20 gig seagate
                          a 2 yr old 80gig maxtor (sitting on a shelf for over a year)
                          and a 200 gig WD 2000bb (7200 / 2 meg)
                          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

The value of these drives would be far greater if you could verify the warranty is still valid and for how long.

Most manufacturers have a tool online to check if and how much warranty remains.
                            Steam Community: | |

Comment

This all sounds good guys. Give me a few weeks to get sme extra cash but keep showing me what you guys got. the most I want to spend is at the most $30. I think I might need a used processor also. I talked to a guy that works on my computers and he told him theres a beeping noise in my tower. He said it might be a error warning. Something about my processor might be going out. not sure yet if thats what it is. But the pc itself is still doing the job. The processor thats in it now is a AMD 2100 in think.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X