Need a logo design for my wife.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a logo design for my wife.

She's opening up a scrapbooking (they put cropped photos, stickers, stencils and such crap into albums for safekeeping. Actually big business and growing fast...) store and is in the process of designing a logo. She's going into business with two other women and they've come up with the name: Croppin' Queens Scrapbook Store

This is the logo she's come up with so far and she's looking for a crown to hang off the first "C" in the name. She's not having much luck and is less of a graphic artist than I am (which actually says a lot).

http://www.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=...age=Image7.gif

She wants it simple and "craftsy" looking, and wants the crown to have 4 gemstones in it (emerald, ruby, sapphire and diamond for other marketing purposes...).

If anyone's willing to work with her to come up with a good logo, let me know. They're willing to pay for it. Neither she nor I have any idea what the going rate is for something like this , but she's thinking around $50 for the design and maybe a variation or two. Price is negotiable, however.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Need a logo design for my wife.

I will play around with one Cing. But, if I do end up cranking out one that you or your wife likes I will in no way shape or form accept any form of payment besides a 'thank you'.

Ill work on it after this weekend if thats cool?

Comment

Originally posted by tycho
      I will play around with one Cing. But, if I do end up cranking out one that you or your wife likes I will in no way shape or form accept any form of payment besides a 'thank you'.

Ill work on it after this weekend if thats cool?
      If services are volunteered to my wife's satisfaction (that sounds really bad...), $50 will be donated to TG.
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

That works for me!

Comment

I may be able to help with this and like Tycho no payment is neccessary but just FYI the going rate for something like this professionally would be way more that than $50. $50 would be the doing it for your friends rate. I would do it just as referance and possible portfolio material. What is the time line for it and how close does it need to stick to what is there. If that is a font she really wants e-mail me the font to me and it will save a lot of time. Otherwise if that exact font is not so much a sticking point but just keepin to the spirit of what is there I can see what I can come up with. Sorry i didn't see this sooner.
          "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Quarath
            I may be able to help with this and like Tycho no payment is neccessary but just FYI the going rate for something like this professionally would be way more that than $50. $50 would be the doing it for your friends rate. I would do it just as referance and possible portfolio material. What is the time line for it and how close does it need to stick to what is there. If that is a font she really wants e-mail me the font to me and it will save a lot of time. Otherwise if that exact font is not so much a sticking point but just keepin to the spirit of what is there I can see what I can come up with. Sorry i didn't see this sooner.
            I don't know what she's doing anymore. I told her that there were probably some people here at TG that could help her, and she said that would be great, but she's not keeping me up to date on things and she refuses to visit TG on her own.

So, I'll guess.

I think she's found a clipart crown to put on each of the big "C"'s. Although I'm not sure if she's set on this font or this crown that she's found (I still haven't seen it), I think she's going to get polo shirts made tomorrow. I told her that the whole point of having a logo is so that her "brand" can be transferred to any medium and that having shirts made without the finished logo (or part of the logo) would be dumb. Maybe she's planning on just buying more shirts once they settle on a logo.

I don't think she's particularly attached to that specific font. She just wanted something craftsy, I think.

As for time line, all I can tell you is she's ordering shirts tomorrow and that the store opens on the last weekend in March (27-28). She's scrambling because this was a business opportunity that presented itself quite suddenly when she'd been thinking about doing it for years. She's actually buying out someone else's scrapbook store.

I appreciate your offer to help. If you want to talk directly to Kim about this project, let me know and I'll give you her email address...
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Well, I kind of swamped graphically this weekend but will try to keep this in the back my mind and put something quick together. I recomend against clip art because.. ..well it is just cheesey. It will not feel like your own. I will try to just make up a couple ideas and hopefully can do it b4 she has locked into nething else. Good luck.
              "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Ive gotten a few together but I'm not quite happy with them yet. Finding a crown is a royal pain in my ass too. Cing, if you could mail me the clipart your wife found of the crown that would be great as I could try photoshopping that up to snuff. My email should be in my profile.

I will refrain from posting anything up here untill I get something that I am happy with so please hang tight :) I'm just sorta picky like that hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by tycho
                  Cing, if you could mail me the clipart your wife found of the crown that would be great as I could try photoshopping that up to snuff. My email should be in my profile.
                  http://www.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=...largecrown.gif

http://www.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=...mage=Logo1.gif

Evidently she and/or her partners changed their mind about the font. I told her that I give up on this... She's going to come in here and tell everyone exactly what she's looking for...

I appreciate your help, guys!
                  Last edited by CingularDuality; 03-06-2004, 01:04 PM.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I've been asked repeatedly to post here so that I could explain what it is that I'm looking for regarding the logo that Cing has asked for your help on.

First I wanted to say thank you for even considering helping me out. I apologize that it took me so long to get over my innate fear of these forums but I've seen what they've done to my husband by sucking him in so completely. He does make a lovely living room decoration settled in front of his computer so nicely though. I also apologize publicly for driving him crazy... what can I say, it's what I do best.

As for the logo itself - the links that were posted are the latest versions. The larger font is Georgia and the smaller is a font from a scrapbooking CD that I have. I am not married to this at all it is simply the best that I could do on my own with my very limited knowledge of Paintshop Pro. The crown is the only one that was even close to being what I was hoping to find. The only other thing I was only to find was a headache searching for alternatives. The only real guideline I'm firm on is that it is fairly simple and easy to reproduce in a variety of ways.

If I haven't driven you to frustration with this yet feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Kim

Comment

First I wanted to say thank you for even considering helping me out. I apologize that it took me so long to get over my innate fear of these forums but I've seen what they've done to my husband by sucking him in so completely. He does make a lovely living room decoration settled in front of his computer so nicely though. I also apologize publicly for driving him crazy... what can I say, it's what I do best.
                      bwahahahaa!

Whew... yer wife sounds like mine dude... hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by CingsWife
                        I also apologize publicly for driving him crazy... what can I say, it's what I do best.
                        From what I can tell you didn't have much to do... :icon16:

Good to have a around...

Comment

I apologize that it took me so long to get over my innate fear of these forums but I've seen what they've done to my husband by sucking him in so completely.
                          It can be time consuming. That's for sure. Look at the bright side though, you always know where to find him. :icon12:

He does make a lovely living room decoration settled in front of his computer so nicely though.
                          :icon_lol: Nice
                          I also apologize publicly for driving him crazy... what can I say, it's what I do best.
                          Everyone has something they do best. This doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.
                          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Once again, I should've listened to her....

She said she didn't want to intrude on "my space" and I insisted...

What the hell was I thinking???? :icon_wink :icon_lol:
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                              What the hell was I thinking???? :icon_wink :icon_lol:

Ohhhh...bro....you weren't ;) I'd hate to have my wife taking a look around here.... I'd say Mrs. Cing was a bit more pleasant with her reply than mine mighta been :icon19:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X