Wanted: torx Screw Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: torx Screw Drivers

Looking for a torx screwdriver set, especially t12 and t16...

Hear of any, let me know...

thanks

Re: Wanted: torx Screw Drivers

I've got several torx screwdriver and bit sets and NONE of them have T12 or T16. Can't say as I've ever seen a T12 or T16 torx bit, not even in the TR models.

What do you have that's using this oddball size?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

My new knife uses torx screws. Would Sears have a small set?

Man, I'm good at hijacking threads for my own needs... :row__523:

Is T16 big or small?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Actually, they would be pretty middle-of-the-road.

Comment

Try an allen wrench set. Sometimes an allen wrench will fit in the odd size torx screws. You may need a metric or standard set.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

You should just try your neighborhood hardware store. Ipicked up a ratchet screwdriver with allens torx and sockets (along with all the flat and phillips i could ever need) for around 15$

Comment

The problem is that he is asking for odd sizes. I have a couple of different sets, but they have T5 T10 T15 T20 and up. One of the sets is MIA right now, but I'm pretty sure it has no in-between sizes.

Edit: I just noticed that I have a set of torx bits in a socket set and one is a T8. Still no T12 or T16 tho. ;)
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Yeah, what icky said.

The sizes he's looking for are not standard sizes by any stretch of imagination. I would wager they are most likely used for secured enclosures or tamper resistant assembly of something or other.

Comment

From what Ive read about those sizes they are just used for just that, secure containers, and things people shouldn't be into anyways. Alot are company specific. Some with the little nub in the center and others without. Wonder if the thread starter could tell us why he is in need of these things.

Man i love google. The T12 is used for the xbox 360. I found a female set that includes both T12 and T16.

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/7p...double-blister
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

I have tried allen wrenches to no avail, and have checked (but not really thourhoughly) with some local harware sites. The farthest I've gotten so far is an aquaintence of mine "may" have some.

I need to open up a GPU-type thing to flash some thirdparty firmware into it. Well I don't "need" to...

but it would be cool. ;)

Comment

Torx T12

Found them:

Torx T12 - 1.4" Drive Bit:
                      http://mactools.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNum=ME12ITS

Side note, you can get tamper-proof master sets here:
                      http://mactools.com/ProductDetails.a...emNum=ST16ITTP

I see a number of many-piece Torx sets, but they don't specifically say if they have T12's and T16's. I only found the T12 as a single bit.

Comment

Cool, thanks, can't beat 5$!

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                          From what Ive read about those sizes they are just used for just that, secure containers, and things people shouldn't be into anyways.
                          Jeez Trooper, not all modders are huge pirates. I modded my xbox so Id have an incredibly good working media pc for less than 200$ .... By "well working" i mean that in 4 years now its never crashed or really needed any maintinence at all. And it cant get viruses or malware of any kind.
                          I LOVE my modded xbox.

Comment

I dint mean it as a bad thing, i guess when something is a special screw set ive learnd the hard way to not mess with it. Ive wanted to mod a xbox but dont have the money or balls to do it, let alot tell my wife why i just wasted 200 bucks on it to break it.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah, modding can be awful expensive if you dont know what youre doing. Luckily i have an electrical engineer in the family and to him, xbox skematics are a breeze and soldering is childs play.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X