Wanted: Microwave and/or minifridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Microwave and/or minifridge

As some of you know, I'll be going off to college at the end of August, and I was hoping to find a way to lessen some of the cost by getting some of my dorm supplies cheap. I need a lot of things, but I really need a microwave and a minifridge. I figured there would be at least one of you out there that has one of those things. I'm willing to pay for shipping and/or a reasonable price for the item itself. The only stipulation is that the microwave has to be less than 10 amps.

Thank you all in advance.

-K
    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Re: Wanted: Microwave and/or minifridge

First of all, if you dont find it, DONT rent from the school, its the biggest ripoff.

I would sell you mine as it sits in the garage doing nothing, but my brother will be using them now. Microwaves are pretty cheap at Bed Bath and Beyond and they have a bunch of $10 off coupons if you join the mailing list. I bought one of the bigger minifridges and it was a waste of space. I barely used 1/2 of the room inside that thing.

Comment

You're probably better off buying a new one rather than have one of us ship one of these things to you, unless someone here will just give you one free. You can get a small microwave for like $35-40 these days, and the fridge would just cost a bundle in shipping. Otherwise, you should look for for sale ads around campus. Students are always selling those things.

Comment

I have both a mini-fridge AND a microwave that I need to get out of my house. Both are in excellent condition and have been thoroughly cleaned before being stored. I'm not sure if the microwave is less than 10A, but I would imagine that it is.

They are both yours, for free, if you do want to pay shipping. I would imagine that the packaging/shipping costs would suck though.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

If she doesnt want the mini-fridge could you wait untill my next pay-check?

I could always use a fridge next to meh at the pewter! lol :p
          Oyee

Comment

If you end up buying stuff, let the roommate get the fridge! If / when you move off campus, you'll be able to use the microwave in your apartment, but probably not the minifridge. Things worked out well for my roommate and I because he moved in to a frat house and his roommate had a microwave and he had the fridge.. I'm still using my microwave from my freshman year 10 years later :) Just got the smallest one they sold at Best Buy for pretty cheap. Well worth whatever I paid for it!

I doubt that they actually check the amperage on the microwaves.. they just don't want you brining in some monstrosity and putting it on a power strip with 10 other things and blowing the circuit. Just get the smallest microwave and you should be alright.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1075584064570 - GE for $56.. would probably cost that much to ship Apo's ;)
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

Thanks for everything you guys, and I'll let you know within a few days, Apo, if I'm going to want your stuff. I saw a microwave on sale at Linens and Things (or was it Bed, Bath, and Beyond) for 49.99 plus it had a $20 mail in rebate. So between that and the 20% off coupons my parents get, it'd probably be cheaper to buy that microwave.
              --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X