Free headsets!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free headsets!

OK, so I've got a couple of headsets laying around. One set is my old Koss R/65B headset. It's definitely been used, but has decent sound and a nice microphone. Definitely higher quality than the other headset I have: A never-been-used official BF2 Logitech headset! It's cheap, but I think that there are several people here that use it to play BF2.

Anyway, these are free to Supporting Members. Non SMs need to convince me that they have or they will do something for TG that warrants me giving away these headphones to them...

Oh, and these are for folks that don't have mics. Please don't take these if you're just going to give them away to someone outside TG, or worse, sell them! If you think that these will upgrade your current set up, go for it, just make sure you offer your old headphone/mic combo to the next person.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Free headsets!

I have an old microphone headset... it has the earphones too, but they are busted. If anyone wants me to ship it to them you can pm me on the forums. The microphone part of the headset is really good quality... the earphone part is just broken.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      A never-been-used official BF2 Logitech headset!
      I have the same, and I offer it under the same conditions as Cingular
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Don't know if this means anything, but I am looking for a new mic, my head set is a K-mart 5 dollar mic and it always breaks after a month or two, and my mom thinks it is not worth it buying a good headset that will last years not months. If no one else needs them I could use a new mic because mine is chewed up by one of my dogs and it had a lot of static in it. Hard to give orders in dystopia when no one can understand you.

Comment

I'm interested, my current setup is an 8+ year old desktop mic and speakers/standard headphones. Makes playing and talking at the same time pretty difficult since it requires me to lean forward/lean back. I'd be willing to give that mic away if anyone wants it, not sure it's really of use to anyone. I doubt I could find a picture online since I'm 99.9% sure it's discontinued.

Also, I'd like to nominate Robocop and Evil Lemon as recipients of any other cheap mics/headsets. It might ruin their mystique, but those guys have played here so long without talking that it'd be worth the price of shipping just to hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity
            I'm interested, my current setup is an 8+ year old desktop mic and speakers/standard headphones. Makes playing and talking at the same time pretty difficult since it requires me to lean forward/lean back. I'd be willing to give that mic away if anyone wants it, not sure it's really of use to anyone. I doubt I could find a picture online since I'm 99.9% sure it's discontinued.
            Which one do you want? And can you send your mic to DOA?

Also, I'd like to nominate Robocop and Evil Lemon as recipients of any other cheap mics/headsets. It might ruin their mystique, but those guys have played here so long without talking that it'd be worth the price of shipping just to hear them.[/QUOTE]
            Point them to this thread!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

nvm I have some money saved up to buy me a new cheapo :)

Comment

The Koss one would be cool as long as it's not coated in earwax or anything :p . I'm an audio geek, and I tend to be pretty picky about sound quality.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity
                  The Koss one would be cool as long as it's not coated in earwax or anything :p . I'm an audio geek, and I tend to be pretty picky about sound quality.
                  Nah... They're a bit dusty right now, but I'll clean 'em up a bit, and you'll probably want to do the same when you get them... They're not audiophile speakers, by any means, but they're much better than most of the cheap headphones that you see people using with mp3 players, walkmans, PCs, etc...

PM me with your address and I'll send 'em on their way!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                    PM me with your address and I'll send 'em on their way!
                    Ummm, woops.

I'll try to make it to Mailboxes, ETC by the end of the week.
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I recently upgraded my old headset and I will offer them under the same conditions as Cing. It is a logitech model with inline volume control and mute for the mic. It's not the greatest headset in the world but they are an improvement from nothing. Send me a PM with an address to send it and it's yours.

[edit] I forgot to add the foam is missing off of the mic. I will cover shipping in the US. If you are over seas then we can work something out.
                      Last edited by Wimpinator; 08-24-2006, 12:26 PM. Reason: I'm a forgetful idiot
                      Retired 6th DB

Comment

OK, Bleak, I got the headset down to ship it to you, but it's a bit rattier than I thought. Here's a pic, let me know if you still want them. Sound is still excellent, the main problem is the covering for the foam earpieces has split and is now fraying. The foam is missing off the mic, too, but that's an easy fix.

Here's a pic of each headset:

Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I have a shotgun mic, an AK5470 or something like that, not a headset though. Very nice mic.

Comment

C,mon people no one wants these?

(shameless bump)
                            Retired 6th DB

Comment

I currently have a mic that squeaks when I use it. I have to tape my right headphone to my ear when I want to use it. I have long hair so when I'm dont gaming for the night, it is often quite painful.

I would be very greatful for a shiny, non pain-inducing headset...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X