Woot.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woot.com

If you don't know, Woot is a site that sells one item per day. They buy clearance, refurbs, closeouts, etc... and offer them for sale one item at a time. Midnight is when they offer the new item for sale, and sometimes they'll be sold out in five minutes, sometimes they won't sell out of whatever it is. So, if you see something there at Woot that you think TG should know about (like a joystick or headset), feel free to post in this thread and share the news with everyone else! Obviously, only the latest post(s) will be relavent, so I won't sticky this. Y'all will just have to keep it bumped near the top with updates on the cool, cheap stuff that we can get there.

www.Woot.com has a great deal on some basic joysticks today:

Saitek Cyborg Graphite USB Joystick - 2 Pack
    $11.99+ $5 shipping

Last edited by CingularDuality; 08-10-2006, 12:15 PM.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Woot.com

Okay, speaking of Woot, if you DO NOT HAVE A HEADSET, go there now and buy one! :)

Audio FX Force-Feedback Gaming Headset for 24.99 shipped
    These are the only headsets 'officially' endorsed by teamspeak.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
      Okay, speaking of Woot, if you DO NOT HAVE A HEADSET, go there now and buy one! :)

Audio FX Force-Feedback Gaming Headset for 24.99 shipped
      These are the only headsets 'officially' endorsed by teamspeak.
      ]

Good Find Rincewind! I needed a new headset so I bought this one.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

I just bought a set too.. The ear pieces were finally wearing out on my A/L's.. I was holding out for a US Medusa distributor But these look like they'll do nicely.

Thanks for the hookup CD!
        sigpic

Comment

Yay! The write-up for these is hilarious. Maybe mirror this thread in all the game forums...? So that all the slackers out there can partake in this great, one day deal.
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Woot Rocks! I check it daily!

Comment

Yeah I'm a regular wooter as well. I am waiting for the next Wootoff or Bulgarian Olympic Commitee
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Woot off today :)

Comment

Heh you beat me Rincewind. I came in here to announce it as well. Get wooting soldiers!!!
                  Retired 6th DB

Comment

How often are the good deals? I've checked over the last 2-3 days and they only have the stuff you'd find on the late night infomercials... :row__735:

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap View Post
                      How often are the good deals? I've checked over the last 2-3 days and they only have the stuff you'd find on the late night infomercials... :row__735:
                      Infomercials? Usually they have closeouts and refurbs. Here's their last few items: Woot : The Blog

As to whether or not it's something that you'll want, you just have to check. I've got an RSS feed on my Google Homepage so that I can see what they're offering without having to visit their page. They had a Netgear WGPS606 802.11g Wireless USB Print Server & 4-Port Switch yesterday. You just have to check it regularly to see if it's something that interests you.

I started this thread to spread the word if I notice anything that I think other TG folks will find particularly interesting (gaming related).
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        Here's their last few items: Woot : The Blog
                        Thanks for the link. Looks like better stuff than when I checked the site. The blog doesn't list the robotic vacuum I saw yesterday, but I did catch the salad spinner and personal spa pump. I figured MacGyver could do some wicked stuff with those 3 items... but since I didn't buy them we'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap View Post
                          Thanks for the link. Looks like better stuff than when I checked the site. The blog doesn't list the robotic vacuum I saw yesterday, but I did catch the salad spinner and personal spa pump. I figured MacGyver could do some wicked stuff with those 3 items... but since I didn't buy them we'll never know.
                          Those Roombas sure aren't informercial stuff! I keep thinking about getting one, but I'm not sure if it can handle the hair from two dogs and three cats...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Those Roombas sure aren't informercial stuff! I keep thinking about getting one, but I'm not sure if it can handle the hair from two dogs and three cats...
                            DOH! Me too! I ALMOST bought one the other day. I think it would be useful to have something that would sweep up everyday while I was at work.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think the question is more: What would it do to the two dogs and three cats? :icon_lol:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X