For Sale: Panasonic PV-GS500 Camcorder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Panasonic PV-GS500 Camcorder

Note: I posted this at a panasonic camcorder forum I visit, but I wanted to offer it here as well!

I’m offering up my just-about-brand-new top-of-the-line Panasonic PV-GS500 that I purchased from newegg.com in late August 2006 (just, a few weeks ago). This is a fantastic camcorder and is an updated version of last years popular PV-GS250.

This camcorder is rated #3 at CamcorderInfo.com and also has a great review there. It's the best camcorder out there in it's price class. A good idea for you expectant dads out there : )

Why am I selling? It turns out, I am not a camcorder guy. At all. Oh, I do SLR and digital stills okay (actually, really well), but I’m just not wrapping my mind around film, and I don’t have the time right now to commit myself to learning it properly. And, when I use the GS500, I can’t help but think about the sweet Canon EF lens I could have got instead ; ) I even find myself reaching for my DSLR to take pictures of our new baby before I grab the new camcorder... Yes, my wife thinks I'm nuts : )

You might be wondering why I’m selling here and not RMAing (returning) the camera back to newegg. I actually tried, and as it turns out, the camcorder, the carrying case, and even the miniDV tapes I bought are not returnable! (ouch!) :( I’ve called and asked and offered to just take credit, but they pointed out that they not-so-clearly state on the product page I can only return the camera to the manufacturer and even then if it is defective (which it is not). Apparently, newegg is not as return friendly as I though. So, that leaves me with using an internet auction or offering it up here. I’m choosing the later because I’m no fan of the former. :D

What is for sale:

Panasonic PV-GS500 in the original box, with all the accessories, manuals (including unfilled product registration card), and garish product stickers all placed as well as I can back in their original plastic baggies -- yeah I keep that stuff. The camcorder has been used for less than five hours, is like-new, and looks and works splendidly.

This is the warranted, North America (NTSC) version purchased from newegg.com and I’ll provide the invoice via email on request to serious buyers. I’ll also include the original sales invoice print-out in the box for the purchaser.

Also included:

A carrying case also from newegg, a 1Gb SD card that I bought for taking digital stills with the camcorder, and at least 1 unopened miniDV tape (I might have two, I'm at work and can't check, but there's at least one).

Purchase Price: Over $750.00 ($778.00, not including the SD card)

Asking Price: $710.00US ($680 for the camera, $30 for the extras), OBO. If I someone at TG doesn’t take it, I will offer it on ebay after about a week. Let me know if you’re interested!

Payment’s accepted: I will accept PayPal or Money Order.

Shipping: $20.00 US for shipping via UPS (this is an estimate, I’m not going to bend anyone over for shipping – just the cost of packaging and shipping!) FREE SHIPPING to supporting members!

Ships to: USA and Canada ONLY.

I have a good history of online transactions (my ebay UID is umrgregg if you want to check for reference) and I'm a fairly active member here at tacticalgamer.com . I have given as accurate a description as possible but if you have any question, just post below or PM/email/IM me. I’d be happy to chat!

RW
    Last edited by Rincewind; 09-07-2006, 01:02 PM.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: For Sale: Panasonic PV-GS500 Camcorder

Wow, thats a great deal man, I'd take it, but 700 is well over my budget, i'll get a friend thats looking for something like this to take a gander, i'll edit/post back after he stops by.
    Oyee

Comment

Sorry man, my friend too said that its was a great deal but he cant find the funds for it.
      Oyee

Comment

No worries :)
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X