Looking for info on buying used PC games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on buying used PC games

Is there a problem with say BF2 and buying someone's used copy? if they registered an account with it, what is the process of either a) removing that account or b) applying your information?

Can anyone advise?

- -

Re: Looking for info on buying used PC games

BF2 doesn't associate to online accounts. It verifies that the CD-Key you have is valid and that no one is currently online with that CD-key. So, potentially, someone could sell you the game and keep playing it themselves. It's possible they aren't aware, and then they'd be fighting for the right to play online with you. First come first serve, I believe.
    Telorn

Comment

I thought BF2 started to allow the game without the disc after a patch like HL2. I must be confusing it with just using a hack/image so I could play it without inserting my disc every time. Such a pain in the butt!

I mean, a CD-Key prevents me from playing a hacked copy of this game online long before a crappy CD protection software could! Publishers can be so stupid - then again, we are speaking of EA :/ Kudos to Valve for realizing this and probably being the first major developer to allow play without the CD.
      Telorn

Comment

Thanks guys can anyone inform me about CoD2?

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
          Thanks guys can anyone inform me about CoD2?
          Every game these days is pretty much the same. As long as no one else is using the CD-Key you have at that moment, you can get online. You can play an offline game no matter what.
          Telorn

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking it's all about getting it from a trustworthy source. I'd be more than willing to buy from another active member of TG, but would be hesitant to buy from someone on Ebay.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X