Projector Deal I Found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector Deal I Found

This is just a deal I found roaming the internet today. It is refurbished, and I didn't buy one, but I just thought I'd pass it along.

http://store.infocus.com/escalate/st...40-RE&tab=desc

and here's a $500 rebate.
    http://rebateplace.com/forms/9901.pdf

Makes a $1200+ projector $309 with shipping.
    sigpic

Re: Projector Deal I Found

Not a bad projector. Does that rebate really apply?
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

This a better than average presentation projector, but for my money I wouldn't buy it for gaming or movies. That 400:1 contrast ration and xga resolution isn't all that great. For the money, it is better than most in that price range though especially for 1080p.

It has pretty good reviews at projectorcentral.
      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
        Not a bad projector. Does that rebate really apply?
        According to this it does.

http://www.rebateplace.com/detail.cf...&sort=1&row=1&

But I would probably call inFocus before I laid down the cash.
        sigpic

Comment

one thing about infocus is the lamps last about half as long as they should and arent as bright as they say. My last job had a couple of these and put them to the test against a couple casios of nearly the same price and the casio's lasted way longer and stayed brighter longer as well.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
            This a better than average presentation projector, but for my money I wouldn't buy it for gaming or movies. That 400:1 contrast ration and xga resolution isn't all that great.
            It wouldn't compare with any projector at $1200+, but at $309, I would buy it for gaming or movies. You just have to be aware of the limitations of projectors. Hell, if you were to project this onto an 80" screen in a dark room, it would be pretty sweet. Certainly a step up from the alternatives at that price.

Comment

THe signal support (720p, 1080p is only half true). It states it can support a 1080p signal, but the max resolution of the projector is 1024 x 768. 1080p is 1920 x 1080 while 720p is 1280 x 720.

I wonder if this projector can even do 'progressive scan' or if it just downgrades all the signals.

If you want a projector for movies, you are best off getting a projector that supports, natively, 16:9 with at least a resolution of 1280 x 720 if you want 720p support. This projector is meant for business presentations and that's about it. Excellent deal, though :)
              Telorn

Comment

Yeah, I never said it was Top O' The Line. But its $300 bucks for cryin out loud. :)
                sigpic

Comment

I use this projector for games and movies. It's pretty sweet and so far I haven't had any problems w/it. It definitely dumbs down the resolution a bit, but it sure looks sweet regardless.

http://www.optomausa.com/Product_det...product_id=219
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer View Post
                    I use this projector for games and movies. It's pretty sweet and so far I haven't had any problems w/it. It definitely dumbs down the resolution a bit, but it sure looks sweet regardless.

http://www.optomausa.com/Product_det...product_id=219
                    Wow, I'd like to see a picture of that in action. I'm planning an excersize room with a treadmill rigged to a key board and that is the sort of thing I need for it.

Comment

My 'dream' is to get a nice 16:9 DLP projector for my main TV. I'll hang it from the ceiling and have the wires run through the wall. I'd even like to have a motor track to move the projector forward and backward. That way if you have a bunch of friends over you move the projector back to get a huge, massive screen, but when watching movies/tv you bring it closer to give a more manageable size screen so you don't get a neck ache as if in the front row of a theatre :)
                      Telorn

Comment

The size of the projected image can be adjusted without moving the projector in many projectors. Some are more flexible than others.

Comment

Well it would still be cool! Just ruin my dream, why don't'cha! ;)
                          Telorn

Comment

Ha! You can still have motorized vertical and horizontal masks on your screen to adjust the size. Don't let me interfere with your dream. A projector is on my shopping list, and has been for several years, unfortunately the budget got spent on a car last year.

Comment

Yeah. My extra budget was spent on...wait..what budget?
                              Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X