SaySwap.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaySwap.com

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this site or knows anything about it. I just found out about it last night. I have finally figured out how it works but haven't been a member long enough to receive a game yet. I did add a token for $2.49 to see if the game I want gets sent to me. If it does, I'll become a full participant.

Is anyone else familiar with it?

Basically to get games you need two things, tokens and points. When you signup you get 30 points which is enough for even the most expensive games. Games range in value from 10 - 30 points. You can buy points, but you also get 30 free when you join and ## amount of points everytime you send a game out (depending on that games point value). Shipping is free using their system.

Now that you have 30 points, all you need is a token. Your first token is $2.49. Additional tokens are between $3.30 - $4.95 depending on how many you buy at once.

So for joining the system and buying one token at $2.49 you can get a game of your choice (assuming someone on the site has it and is willing to send it to you).

Now you can send out game's you have to other which will add points to your account based on their point value. Then you'll just need another token, at most $4.95, to get another game, assuming the point value of the game you send out is equal or less than the point value of the game you are requesting. Remember, shipping is free.

If you don't have a game to send out, you can even buypoints for $1 a piece. So the most you'll ever pay for a game is $34.95. You can also set in your preferences that you require the manuals and cover insert.

You can signup at www.sayswap.com or if you feel it may be useful to you and want to give me referral points, use this link:

http://www.sayswap.com/?invitation_c...6134fdd2dd37e7

Apophis and other admins, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post things like this here. I have no affiliation with the site only having recently signed up.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: SaySwap.com

Ahh, bummer. There's no PC section. :(
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Yea, I wish there was, but more than likely since the games aren't verified you could be shipped 'backups' or games without working online keys.
      It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Interesting, but I'd rather deal with people that I know...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

As would I, but I don't know many console gamers. I'm reserving my judgement for now, but we'll see how it works if I ever receive a game I've requested.

Comment

I might try it out, too. The Wii that I got will be the first console I've had since the original Nintendo, so I'm not too up on the game trading economy. How much credit do you usually get for trading a game at GameStop?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I don't know, I'm like you, the Wii is my first console since the SNES. I'm a lot older than I was then. ;) I think they give you around $12 or so. There is normally a thread over at cheapassgamer.com that lists trade-in values for games. They are always pretty sad which is why I'd much rather trade thru a service like this or someone I know.

Comment

Re: SaySwap.com - 50 trades so far (incl. Saints Row)

Hey guys, I have done about 50 trades at SaySwap.com already - the trades are actually insured as they refund your points that you use to get games if there is a bad trade - i have never received any type of pirated game and just got Saints Row shipped to my for my $4.95 trading token (not bad).

You can also create your own buddy list and only trade within your trusted network if you like (ie they have a direct trade feature where you can go to a specific users profile page and directly request 1 of their games or post a message on their individual message board)

Right now there is a promotion they are running where you get a free trading token if you send out at least 2 games. Maybe worth checking out....

Comment

Re: SaySwap.com - 50 trades so far (incl. Saints Row)

Originally posted by wildminnesota View Post
                  Hey guys, I have done about 50 trades at SaySwap.com already - the trades are actually insured as they refund your points that you use to get games if there is a bad trade - i have never received any type of pirated game and just got Saints Row shipped to my for my $4.95 trading token (not bad).

You can also create your own buddy list and only trade within your trusted network if you like (ie they have a direct trade feature where you can go to a specific users profile page and directly request 1 of their games or post a message on their individual message board)

Right now there is a promotion they are running where you get a free trading token if you send out at least 2 games. Maybe worth checking out....
                  Do you think you should disclose your current relationship / ownership interest in SaySwap?
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

:) Thanks Apo for watching out for us.

There's another trading site that doesn't require any payments and it seems to be more popular than sayswap.com.

http://gametz.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
                      :) Thanks Apo for watching out for us.

There's another trading site that doesn't require any payments and it seems to be more popular than sayswap.com.

http://gametz.com/
                      I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with SaySwap. But if an individual with a financial interst in the company makes a statement like that, they should fully disclose who they are and their relationship to the company.

I would rather have said individual represent himself for who he is and give us information to address any concerns our users have rather than pretending to be nothing more than a customer. :row__523:

Comment

Thanks. I actually just now got a SaySwap.com trade.

Basically it and GameTZ.com are similar. SaySwap.com has like an insurance-type buffer since you must buy trading tokens. They also have free shipping.

GameTZ.com doesn't seem to have any type of fraud buffer (other than trader reviews, which SaySwap.com has), but is free (except you pay for shipping).

One thing I wish SaySwap.com had that GameTZ.com has is a 'Matches' page that matches you up with people who have what you want and want what you are offering.

Comment

I just set up an account on SaySwap and will be adding in my list of games that I want to depart with when I get home. I don't have a ton of games, but I do have a pretty decent number of popular ones.

I have a ton of old Sega Dreamcast and N64 games too. I didn't notice if SaySwap supported either of those two platforms.

Comment

Hey guys - You can feel free to direct any questions at me as I work at SaySwap.com - we will be adding an "other" category for older generation games (in a few months). Also, if you click on a game there is a link to take you to a page that displays all members that own that game from which you can go directly to their personal profile page and propose a direct trade with them (although, not all are active). To date we have done a lot of PS2, Xbox, GC trading and are just starting to do some Wii trading etc. -

Comment

Where are all these sites coming from? In addition to SaySwap.com and GameTZ.com, there's also Goozex.com. I signed up for it too. It works EXACTLY like SaySwap.com but you don't get the 30 free points for signing up (there point system is different and 30 points on SaySwap would be worth around 800 or so on Goozex).

Breakdown:

SaySwap:
                              * Signup and you get 30 points.
                              * New games are 30 points.
                              * Trading requires the number of points for the game and a trading tokens.
                              * 1 point = $1.00
                              * Trading tokens are $4.95 a piece.
                              * You can receive points by sending out a game.
                              * Bulk discount available only for trading tokens.

Goozex:
                              * Signup and you get 1 trade credit (worth $1).
                              * New games seem to be around 750-1000 points.
                              * Trading requires the number of points for the game and a trade credit.
                              * 100 points = $5.00
                              * Trading credits are $1.00 (must be bought).
                              * You can receive points by sending out a game.
                              * Bulk discounts are available for both points and trading credits.

GameTZ.com:
                              * No points/purchase system.
                              * Straight trading/purchasing with other users.
                              * No guarantee you'll get the game/merchandise.

I prefer SaySwap's payment and points system to Goozex's. However it's still best to use GameTZ.com assuming you can find someone reliable on their site to trade.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X