FS: Sony Playstation 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Sony Playstation 3

Hi, any TG'ers want a PS3? It's brand new, unopened and still in the shipping box. I got the 60gig with extra controller and memory card reader. I'm returning this bad boy to Circuit City this week, figured I would throw this up here for last call. If you're local to Dallas or Plano, even better.
    neophreak

Re: FS: Sony Playstation 3

I have one too, it's the same thing that neophreak got. I may stick mine on eBay if no one wants it else I'm taking it back.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

How much?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Life lesson #473: Never buy first gen electronics.

Why did you guys go to all the trouble of getting one of those only to want to return it with no profit?

Comment

Im curious too freekyE
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I ordered thru CircuitCity.com with free shipping. It wasn't any hassle at all. Took about 5 minutes.
            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

but....why the return? sell it on ebay for a profit at least.....i see nothing wrong with making a profit if the other person is ifformed exactly as to what they are buying.

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE View Post
                Life lesson #473: Never buy first gen electronics.

Why did you guys go to all the trouble of getting one of those only to want to return it with no profit?
                Well, it looks like I'm going to be in the market to buy a PS3, and it looks like the folks that waited for the second generation are the suckers...

Anyone know where to get a 60 or 80 gig PS3 at a decent price?
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

yes, but how much?
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I think I'd be willing to pay up to $500 for an 80 gig or for a 60 with a game or an extra controller. My problem is with buying used stuff without being able to try it out...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

There is always craigslist for used stuff. Whether the item is stolen or not is another topic.

With MGS4 on the horizon I would keep an eye on Best Buy and Circuit City for deals. Granted it will probably only help if you are also in the market for a new TV as tboth stores offered savings on TV and console purchases during GTA IV's release.

Also, Sony has discontinued the 80 gig Motorstorm Bundle which is rumored to be replaced by a MGS4 bundle (not to be confused with konami's gun metal grey MGS4 bundle).

Beyond used or combo deals with flexibly priced items, you generally are not going to be able to find a deal on a console as the prices are generally set in stone.
                      Last edited by aculle01; 06-01-2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01 View Post
                        With MGS4 on the horizon I would keep an eye on Best Buy and Circuit City for deals.
                        The problem with that is that the currently produced PS3s are crippled and have a much smaller HDD. I'm pretty sure I want one of the first generation PS3s.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                          The problem with that is that the currently produced PS3s are crippled and have a much smaller HDD. I'm pretty sure I want one of the first generation PS3s.
                          There is going to be a new 80GB MGS4 bundle with DS3 controller coinciding with the release of MGS4 this month. That's what you should be watching Circuit City for ;)
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

im staring at my ps3 right now pondering selling the beast, oh the things you waste money on when u have it(money) dont get me wrong, i love my ps3 but its almost 9 months old and worth as much as i paid for it new =D