Selling some computers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling some computers!

Hi TG! I'm doing some "market research" on ebay and would appreciate your thoughts on the product and message.

I'm interested in selling computers that are as fast as anything one could want but which cater to a more grown-up audience who have to worry about what the wife (or husband) thinks!

These are first stabs at this and I'll be tinkering with the machine and the message over time. I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look and let me know what you think!

Best regards,

|S&P| leejo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4131262036
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4131263606
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4131599443
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4131602265
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4131604522
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4131606363

Re: Selling some computers!

Originally posted by leejo
    Hi TG! I'm doing some "market research" on ebay and would appreciate your thoughts on the product and message.

I'm interested in selling computers that are as fast as anything one could want but which cater to a more grown-up audience who have to worry about what the wife (or husband) thinks!

These are first stabs at this and I'll be tinkering with the machine and the message over time. I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look and let me know what you think!

Best regards,

|S&P| leejo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4131262036
    I only looked at your first link, and I must say, that's not a machine that you're going to sell to someone that has to worry about what the wife thinks... Seriously.

$6400? Whew...

When I win the lottery, I'll look you up! :icon19:
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah do that!

Comment

Rereading my post, it seemed kinda negative. Sorry. Just being honest. Your ad text looks fine to me, I don't have any suggestions to make it better, unless you wanted to post links to benchmarks or something else that demonstrates that the machine you're selling is absolutely top of the line.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I didn't take it as negative. Thanks for looking and thanks for this feedback.

Going for a high-end boutique feel. FYI, if you price out a Dell with similar components, it comes for about $100 less than my comperable machine, but the one I'm selling is still much better.

I'll try to dig up some benchmark data to plug in. The idea is to benchmark all these machines though.

Comment

I'd want to know what OS and other software is installed on it.

I noticed on one of them you said, "All windows patches applied", but on a lot of them I couldn't find any indication.
            [volun]

Comment

I have to agree with Cing's first post. These are top-of-the-line computers like you want to sell but I have a feeling they won't sell to people that have to worry about significant others. Unless you mean they don't have to worry about what they say.

One thing I'd like to see in the ad is the inside. It's stated that the cable wiring is superb and I'd like to see the love put into the machine. I think Alienware and Voodoo do the same with their product ads. I drool when I see the cabling of their machines.

Are you considering changing any of the components? I've heard bad things about the Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse set. Mainly, it doesn't support any other Bluetooth devices. The Logitech one is supposed to be better. I have the MX900 myself and it's a wonderful mouse.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

3 have windows, 3 do not.

I didn't want to force someone to buy windows who already has a good copy or is one of those godless communists who don't LOVE BILL GATES.

In future ads, I plan to add options like "add windows" or "throw in some speakers" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                  I have to agree with Cing's first post. These are top-of-the-line computers like you want to sell but I have a feeling they won't sell to people that have to worry about significant others. Unless you mean they don't have to worry about what they say.

One thing I'd like to see in the ad is the inside. It's stated that the cable wiring is superb and I'd like to see the love put into the machine. I think Alienware and Voodoo do the same with their product ads. I drool when I see the cabling of their machines.

Are you considering changing any of the components? I've heard bad things about the Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse set. Mainly, it doesn't support any other Bluetooth devices. The Logitech one is supposed to be better. I have the MX900 myself and it's a wonderful mouse.
                  Thanks for the feedback! I was unaware of the problems with MSFT's Bluetooth stuff. I'll look into that. That is precisely the sort of problem I want to avoid.

RE: pics of the inside, I'm going to get those up asap.

Comment

Nothing personal but $6,500 is a bit steap. My PC guy that builds and does repairs on my system the real intense repairs. Even he said thats way too much! He could build that same sytem for $2,500 Minus the Monitor and Keyboard and Mouse, But even those wont cost a person $4,000. Hell I'd buy one of you systems if the price wasnt that high Even my PC guy said he would for maybe $3,000 for the big system.....

Comment

Wow.

First of all thanks for looking and if you're serious about buying, let me know what you want in your system and we'll work something out.

I think if you price out the components in that high end machine you'll find that your computer guy is incorrect! This is the Extreme 3.2 cpu, not the reg. 3.2 cpu, it calls for a matched pair of registered corsair ram, 2 Cheetah HDs....etc. It's the details that drive the price up.

The version with a Reg. Pentium 4 3.4, 1GB of registered ram, and a 7200 160GB hd drops to $2250. Is he thinking of specs more along those lines?

Best regards,

|S&P| Leejo

Comment

Yeah I would asume so corse Knowing Dave It would still be in a high end just not the Highest.

Yeah well wanting a new system and coming up with over $2,000 is easyier said then done....

Comment

well those prices are for the unwashed masses of course. TG folks should give me a holler.

The idea with that $6k system is to be completely uncompromising with regard to speed and quality, but the $2250 machine is pretty bad-ass.

Comment

I just wanted to ask why you included (2) DVD+-RW's? Why not a high quality slot-load Pioneer DVD-ROM to compliment the DVD+-RW? I would assume that due to wiring limitations you would have both of them on the same IDE channel anyway, so it effectively halves your thru-put to each of them but if you are doing a straight copy the DVD-ROM will be faster (in moving the data from the drive to the cache and back to the RW) and provide the same quality as the DVD+-RW.

Just a quick marketing thing, take pictures of your front drive bays and rear panel so people can see what types of connections they are looking at along with Sarc's suggestion on the interior photos. It will show them you are as meticulous as you claim (and having played GR with you a couple of times, you strike me as being such a person). Presentation is 95% of the sale. The rest is just luck.

Also I don't have any problems connecting my Motorola V600 w/ Bluetooth to the Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse at work. The reciever connects to every BT device I bring to work and most of the people there carry PocketPC's with that capability and sync up via their's.

Leejo, you have an awesome machine built up there and I wish you the best in your research/business endeavor. Good luck selling it.
                            Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Some of the selling points that pushed me to choose the MX900 over MS's Bluetooth mouse is the ability to program the buttons and a charging base. The regular Intellipoint drivers allowed you to program keystrokes to buttons for specific programs so I could use up to five buttons the application didn't support 5-button mice. However, I heard the Bluetooth Intellipoint drivers were missing this feature when I looked at them a few months ago. I think they added the feature in because many asked for it. The MX900 does allow you to program the buttons but lacks programming for specific applications. The MS mouse doesn't have a recharging cradle and I've only seen it packaged with Alkaline AA batteries. The MX900 comes with 1800 mAh NiMh AA batteries for the recharger.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X