WTS WOW (2 copies) and 60 priest/warrior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTS WOW (2 copies) and 60 priest/warrior

I have ceased my WOW days and am ready to part with my game.

I have 2 copies of WOW in excellent condition.

I'm not sure how to do this, but I could also sell my accounts:

60 Human, Male Priest (tier 1 & ZG gear, benediction, tier 2 helm)

60 Human Female Warrior (mostly 5 man, pre-tier gear)

I will entertain reasonable offers... PM to discuss.

Thanks

Re: WTS WOW (2 copies) and 60 priest/warrior

I don't think that it's legal to sell accounts, but you're free to sell your copies of the game here!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

yeah selling accounts is against the EULA, its ok to sell the copies unless you already use the cd keys inside it, then its pointless.

Comment

selling the account is indeed illegal.. but there is a loophole in rewording things... instead of saying:

wts WOW account

say this: wts time/labor invested in said account * blizzard owns the account.. and u are only paying for my time invested.. blah blah blah
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
          selling the account is indeed illegal.. but there is a loophole in rewording things... instead of saying:

wts WOW account

say this: wts time/labor invested in said account * blizzard owns the account.. and u are only paying for my time invested.. blah blah blah
          I believe that it's not legal to transfer the account to another person at all...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Interestingly enough, when I transfered a character to another server, it gave me the option to transfer that character to another WoW account.

Blizzard makes it easy to transfer characters without having to transfer the account.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

For clarity's sake.

It's against their TOS to SELL a character. It is not "illegal" to sell a character.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Things like this are complicated.

I don't see why we can't sell or trade any character to anygame

It still took time to make it, the person is gaining an advantage, and half the time they can't play a character well, so who cares.

Just doesn't make sence to me.
                I see, I come, I conquer.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification... I'm not going to "Sell" my accounts.. but I have some characters available for transfer :)

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                    For clarity's sake.

It's against their TOS to SELL a character. It is not "illegal" to sell a character.
                    Is the TOS not a contract? Breaking a contract is illegal. Not criminal, but civil. Blizzard is not going to come looking for you so that they can sue you for selling an account, but if TG makes this a place where people come to violate Blizzard's TOS, they might sue TG. They also probably aren't afraid to suspend/cancel accounts that have violated their TOS, either.
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                      Is the TOS not a contract? Breaking a contract is illegal. Not criminal, but civil. Blizzard is not going to come looking for you so that they can sue you for selling an account, but if TG makes this a place where people come to violate Blizzard's TOS, they might sue TG. They also probably aren't afraid to suspend/cancel accounts that have violated their TOS, either.
                      Well, I'm not looking to piss Blizzard off and don't condone activity that gets the developers and publishers in a fuss, but that aside.

I'm not sure if the TOS is considered a contract or not and if so, how much protection is gained by Blizzard by having this in place. All that asize, here's an interesting nugget from WoW's Terms of Use document available from the loading screeen of the game.

In the event that you breach this Agreement, you hereby agree that Blizzard would be irreparably damaged if this Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that Blizzard shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as Blizzard may otherwise have available to it under applicable laws. In the event any litigation is brought by either part in connection with this Agreement, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party all costs, attorneys' feed and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation.
                      Reading further there is quite a bit of interesting verbage in this here Terms of Use document.

Comment

I'm not sure if the TOS is considered a contract or not and if so, how much protection is gained by Blizzard by having this in place. All that asize, here's an interesting nugget from WoW's Terms of Use document available from the loading screeen of the game.
                        Interesting. I wonder if anyone's actually been sued for damages over a TOS?
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                          Interesting. I wonder if anyone's actually been sued for damages over a TOS?
                          I'm also wondering how Blizzard defines "irreparable damage" and how simply selling your WoW character to someone else damages the company beyond the point of repair.

Comment

I'm also wondering how Blizzard defines "irreparable damage" and how simply selling your WoW character to someone else damages the company beyond the point of repair.
                            the section of the server that the data your account is on melts... it is irreparable.. and it causes the server to crash