Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Buy] New Video Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Buy] New Video Card

    K i realy suck at finding good deals i got my price range is 200$-400$

    Perferably Looking for a 8 Series Nvidia 256 DDR or at least 7 Series Nvidia 256+ DDR

    So if you find any good deals please let me know :D my GeForce FX 5200 Overclocked is dieing cause i play BF2142 so much (Yes i got it to work with BF2142 Lol)

    Edit oh and allso i use PCI I think

  • #2
    Re: [Buy] New Video Card

    mhm..........okay where to start.

    okay first off PCI is an outdated bus and they don't make 8 series PCI cards (Pci express only) i believe the 7th series has an agp version but definitely not pci.

    also all 8 series have atleast 340 to 768 of gddr3 ram.
    Current member of the

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: [Buy] New Video Card

      Originally posted by Zid View Post
      mhm..........okay where to start.

      okay first off PCI is an outdated bus and they don't make 8 series PCI cards (Pci express only) i believe the 7th series has an agp version but definitely not pci.

      also all 8 series have atleast 340 to 768 of gddr3 ram.
      how do i know if i have just pci or pci express?

      and whats agp ?

      http://www.bfgtech.com/5200_256.html
      ^ mine
      Last edited by GenTrae; 03-02-2007, 06:14 AM. Reason: agp,video car

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: [Buy] New Video Card

        If that is your current video card, then your main system is probably so old that it would not benefit much from an 8-series nvidia card. Not to mention that you probably only have regular PCI, which means you cannot get one anyway.

        Time for a whole new system, methinks.

        3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: [Buy] New Video Card

          Originally posted by Tempus View Post
          If that is your current video card, then your main system is probably so old that it would not benefit much from an 8-series nvidia card. Not to mention that you probably only have regular PCI, which means you cannot get one anyway.

          Time for a whole new system, methinks.
          nah i took the card from my old comp and put it in my new one but i'm not going to go into deep but


          AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ 1.79 GHz 896 Ram

          Don't remimber what my motherboard is its stock though =/

          Time for a whole new system, methinks.
          I don't have enough money to get a whole new system T_T

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: [Buy] New Video Card

            I've got a 6800GT with 256M of DDR3 that I'll let a TG member have for cheap. It'll be a decent little upgrade for you, if you're not upgrading your whole 'puter.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: [Buy] New Video Card

              Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              I've got a 6800GT with 256M of DDR3 that I'll let a TG member have for cheap. It'll be a decent little upgrade for you, if you're not upgrading your whole 'puter.
              i pmed you

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: [Buy] New Video Card

                Originally posted by GenTrae View Post
                AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ 1.79 GHz 896 Ram
                wouldnt that be a AGP card???? Athlon 64's were out back then :)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: [Buy] New Video Card

                  Originally posted by Cappy View Post
                  wouldnt that be a AGP card???? Athlon 64's were out back then :)
                  i donno someone tell me how to check T_T lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: [Buy] New Video Card

                    well is your computer home made or made by a big company such as dell if so whats the model number.
                    Current member of the

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: [Buy] New Video Card

                      Originally posted by Zid View Post
                      well is your computer home made or made by a big company such as dell if so whats the model number.
                      on the rig it says hp pavilion a808x but i added 256ram and my current video card too it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: [Buy] New Video Card

                        alright you have one agp 8x so look for a bus of that type. i know they make them they are slightly more expensive then the better pci-express counterparts. i believe the most expensive agp8x card is the ati radeon 1900

                        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...SubCategory=48

                        you can buy anything on this page.
                        Current member of the

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: [Buy] New Video Card

                          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814143069

                          This is your best deal. I own this card and it's a dream!


                          - -

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: [Buy] New Video Card

                            x1950 is a better card.
                            Current member of the

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: [Buy] New Video Card

                              Sounds like AGP.

                              x1950 or the 7800GS should work fine for him, that is if he has enough RAM.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

                              Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-





                              SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

                              TG Primer and Rules

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X