No announcement yet.

Looking for Laptop CD-RW/DVD Drive

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Laptop CD-RW/DVD Drive

My mom's laptop's cd-rw/dvd drive has decided to stop working for her so I'm looking for a replacement. I can't pretend to know anything about computer hardware so I have no idea what laptop drives are / are not compatible. Any help would be much appreciated.

The drive was in an IBM laptop (I don't know if this help).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After further research (google was failing me earlier): The laptop is an IBM thinkpad model T30. So if anyone has a compatible cdrw/dvd drive I'm interested :)

EDIT2: Further further research has found it's an Ultrabay 2000 CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo IV Drive.
    Last edited by ChopStick; 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM.

Re: Looking for Laptop CD-RW/DVD Drive

actually, the cdrom should be a standard drive mounted in a caddie. if this is true, then you can get a drive from newegg to replace it... I have a Dell 8600 that had a defective cdrw/dvd combo.... I had an NEC DVDRW and was going to be happy just to plug it in, but it turned out that the bezel matched up.... VERY rare, so now you can't even tell it is aftermarket. I think the cdrom on the t30 is a standard bezel, so you should be able to upgrade very easily.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed