WTB -- AMD socket 939 processor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB -- AMD socket 939 processor

So, apparently these are not made anymore. I'd like to upgrade to at least a 4200+, so if anyone has one laying around and is interested in selling it, let me know.

Thanks.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: WTB -- AMD socket 939 processor

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
    So, apparently these are not made anymore. I'd like to upgrade to at least a 4200+, so if anyone has one laying around and is interested in selling it, let me know.

Thanks.
    See anything you like here ? (price in CDN Pesos)

I could give them a call and might be able to have it shipped to you (we have an office in Miami).

Let me know.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Hey, thanks for the try, but they are mostly Opterons, and my mobo doesn't support most of the good ones.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the try, but they are mostly Opterons, and my mobo doesn't support most of the good ones.
        Bummer.

How about this? (Still CDN Pesos)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Youre looking at high prices for retail:

Way high to be exact

Might wana try eBay (Though its a scary idea I got some pretty good steals for my current PC)
          Oyee

Comment

Thanks.
            What about the Egg? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103053
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The Egg is out of stock.

DB, that's a nice find, but the looney is not what it used to be, so I'd be looking at something over $300 after shipping and all.

Ebay is an option, but due to the scarcity of the chips, they're going at quite a premium.

I'll keep looking, thanks for the responses.

Comment

is used out of the question? i am currently using a 4400, and was looking to upgrade mobo/cpu/ram maybe soon
                powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Used is certainly not out of the question... That's actually what I was expecting to find..

Comment

What MOBO do you have? Are you sure it doesn't support the Opterons? I recently plopped an Opteron 175 in mine and I've been really happy with it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have an old 3000 laying around somewhere if you want it. I don't know if your looking for an "upgrade" or just something that will run. Free if you want it.
                      |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

I currently have a gigabyte k8nxp-sli with a 3200+. In preparing this post, I checked out their CPU support list again, and they have just updated it to show that the Opteron 185 (the best 939 Opteron) is supported.. Just two weeks ago, it showed that it was N/A.. Hmm.. I may go for it..

Comment

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=1446873

tigerdirect has a 4200+ x2 939 dual core for 129

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Whoa! They also have a 4800+OEM for $219.. They had to have just added those in the past 2 days, as I often check them for availability and just checked them the other day.

Comment

Whoa! They also have a 4800+OEM for $219.. They had to have just added those in the past 2 days, as I often check them for availability and just checked them the other day.
                              this is the cpu I am running: a 4000+ san diego core.
                              http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...749&CatId=1949
                              I have it overclocked to 2.6 ghz on stock air. very stable.
                              i checked about 2 days ago as well when i read this thread and saw nothing but the x2 for socket 939 seems a decent choice for a simple upgrade. i love tigerdirect.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X