Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

512MB Kingston PC800 RDRAM (for sale or trade)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 512MB Kingston PC800 RDRAM (for sale or trade)

Description: 256MB, PC800, non-ECC, 40ns RDRAM RIMMs.
    Quantity: 2
    Part number: KVR800A168256.
    Pricegrabber.com quote: $101.97 per module.

Hey folks. I'm a new member and I've got these memory modules to sell or trade.
    They were bought to go into a machine that never got built. I forgot that I had them until I found them inside my motherboard box a few weeks ago. They were inserted into a PC to be tested (good) using memtest86, but have never been used. My purpose here is not to make a profit. That train sailed the moment the i850 chipset went the way of the dinosaur. But I hate to see them sitting around going to waste. I'd like to see them go to someone who'll get some use out of them. It would also be nice to have a little extra cash to help pay for the freakin' expensive Calculus and Physics books I'm going to have to buy this semester. :D

So, if you have an offer of currency or goods to trade, I'm listening. Cheers.

-Anthony

P.S. For shipping price estimates, I'm in Garland, Texas, U.S.A.

Re: 512MB Kingston PC800 RDRAM (for sale or trade)

Well, I'll be the first to ask what I'm sure several others here are thinking: Who are you and why is this your first post at Tactical Gamer?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ok. I'll give you the nutshell version and if you're still curious I'd be happy to expound.

Who I am is a guy from the Dallas, TX area. I'm attending UTD to complete a B.S. (and later masters) in computer science. If it has to do with computers, software, or electronics, I like it. I found your forum by way of a Yahoo! search.

I am not...
      ...a company or organization.
      ...trying to spam your forum with ads.
      ...trying to screw anyone over.

I understand your questions and implied distrust. My first post is about selling something. You're probably wondering if I'm even into tactical games. I am. I just don't have as much time to shoot the crap out of tengos as I used to. ;) (15 to 19 credit hours per semester tends to eat into play time) My absolute favorites are the Rainbow Six series. I loved Rogue Spear and also the Urban Ops add-on. I've recently installed Raven Shield and am glad to have been able to download my favorite map, "Old Train Tracks." I just wish I was able to add more terrorsts in terrorist hunt missions. :D

In hindsight, I probably should not have made my first post about selling my RAM. I really meant no disrespect to your forum. Let me know if you have any more questions for me.

-Anthony

Comment

109 bucks together isnt bad, but if thier seperate, bad deal. I got mine for 70 bucks, and i think it's the same kind

Comment

$109 isnt bad... for new....

I have them brand new at $100.

Recomendation for Anthony, dont use a list of new parts as a price reference for something used (once or never, once you buy it and touch it its used)

I would take them off your hands for $50 each though :D

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by wwwMEMORYnet
            $109 isnt bad... for new....

I have them brand new at $100.

Recomendation for Anthony, dont use a list of new parts as a price reference for something used (once or never, once you buy it and touch it its used)

I would take them off your hands for $50 each though :D
            Yeah, cheapest I could find 'em new was for $95... And that was from a retailer that I had never heard of. I'm more than willing to spend an extra $5 to buy from a retailer (www.memory.net) that I know I can trust...

BTW, thanks for clarifying a bit, Anthony. I'm glad you understand the distrust. Nothing personal, I promise.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I certainly never expected to sell them for $109 a piece. Especially since the retail for new is $101.97. In fact, I'm not sure where the $109 came from. My only reason for including the new price was to give a frame of reference and scare away offers like $20.

Jim - I agree that since they have been opened that they could be considered used. Even if a certified shop with an ESD (static free) workbench tested them before selling them to ensure they wouldn't be selling bad modules. But I doubt that would be cause to knock them down to 50% off. :) And it just so happens that I have a properly grounded ESD mat and wrist strap in my work area. And although I'm not A+ certified I've been building PCs since before it was chic to be geek. Plus I spent four years of my life handling, troubleshooting, and reparing sensitive aircraft electronics in the Navy. I was also quality control for my shop for my last year. The pilots who flew the aircraft trusted my work. So believe me, these modules have been treated with the utmost care. But since you don't really know me, I think I can let them go for $75 a piece. :)

CingularDuality - I definitely understand that the distrust is not personal. We have to protect ourselves because there are people who will say anything to make a buck. (i.e. Nigerian 419 e-mail scams) So, if anyone here decides to take these modules off my hands I will do whatever I can to make the buyer/trader feel safe. I also think we can use PayPal or Amazon.com to ensure that your sensitive info is protected. It would also be nice to see several members vouch for the buyer, so that I know I'm dealing with someone you all trust. :icon_bigg

Cheers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X