Busted mic/headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted mic/headset

After one too many drags of the computer chair over the mic cord, I think it's had its last hurrah. Does anyone out there have a very basic mic/headset combo that they're not using to sell to me? I know they're not that expensive, but I'm ultra strapped for cash and if there's a TGer out there with an extra, I'd rather send them the money than a random Ebayer.

Or if you know of some good deals out there, please post. Thanks!
    I heart TG.
    xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Re: Busted mic/headset

Sugar...you can use any old headphones and pair it up with a labtec desktop mic or something similar You probably have a pair of old walkman headphones sitting around and the mic you can get at walmart or best buy for around 10 bucks. This is the set up I've used since I began gaming, but with a pair of decent Sony headphones (sans mic)
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I have an old Logitech headset w/ boom mic that I will donate to you assuming they work. I'll test it tonight.

I do have one condition though. As payment you have to install the new PRMM and run with the Devils for a night.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Thanks Grunt, I don't have a mic currently, but if one doesn't show up I'll take that track.

Wimpinator -- Dood. I will SO totally do that. ;)
        I heart TG.
        xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

I tested the headset last night and it works fine. The boom mike is missing the foam but I'm sure you can fix that easily. Shoot me a PM with an address to send it to and it's yours.
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Can I have your old pair? *snort, snort, guffaw*
            sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo View Post
              After one too many drags of the computer chair over the mic cord, I think it's had its last hurrah. Does anyone out there have a very basic mic/headset combo that they're not using to sell to me? I know they're not that expensive, but I'm ultra strapped for cash and if there's a TGer out there with an extra, I'd rather send them the money than a random Ebayer.

Or if you know of some good deals out there, please post. Thanks!
              I did the same thing to my old headset; the earphones work but the mic part got cut off. My solution was to buy a 10$ microphone and tape it onto the headset. I actually like it better because the mic I bought has a moveable part, so I can reposition it anywhere. I noticed someone above got one to you, but if that doesn't work out, I'd highly recommend giving this a shot.
              "All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X