anyone have an

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have an

old 56k hardware modem from their dinosaur days ?
    I have a software modem, but I'd like to try a hardware modem and see if it helps....

Re: anyone have an

I can look through my stuff. I think I have one. I will let you know tonight or tomorrow. If I have one, you are welcome to it. No charge.

Not sure if it is internal or external. Do you have a preference? Or would you take either?

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
      old 56k hardware modem from their dinosaur days ?
      I have a software modem, but I'd like to try a hardware modem and see if it helps....
      I have a couple external US Robotics V.Everything 56k Modems. Not sure if they are hardware vs software tho..

They are a high quality business type modem for around $250 new. We don't use them anymore. If you think they are a hardware modem I'll ship one off to you.

Comment

Woot :)

Either/or guys...can you get me model #'s by chance ? I'll do the research on them then...either way...I pay shipping...send it C.O.D. :)

internal/external makes no difference, as long as it helps my dinosaur connection :icon23:

Comment

Not sure the model number can check it tomorrow but its a Courier V.Everything External. Connects to a seriel port.

Comment

mot's is definately a hardware modem. no way an external unit can be software.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Address Please! :icon30:

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                mot's is definately a hardware modem. no way an external unit can be software.

That's what I was going to say and since I supported these modems for about2 years I can say thye are pretty dang nice. In fact I put this little cheat sheet together for the USR support intranet when I was there. It should give you a good referance for all USR AT commands sets even if it is a little outdated.

http://www.finlinson.com/portfolio/i.../usr/index.htm

These modems are still sought after and used buy many businesses to support their outdated equipment or in areas with little broadband availability. Many of the 36k ones could still be flash upgraded to 56k for free when I left but that may have changed.
                "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Sorry about not getting you an addy right aweay Motster...I never got the email message that there was another reply to this thread....my apologies ! :o

Thanks for the info there Quarath...I'll be needing it soon :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X