eVGA 680i Motherboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eVGA 680i Motherboard

For Sale. purchased in December 2006, Still a great board by one of the best companys.

200$ new http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188012

100+shipping=yours

feel free to PM me with any questions.

Re: eVGA 680i Motherboard

If I may ask, why are you deciding to sell it? (/me is interested)

Comment

purchasing a P35.

Comment

pm sent

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Does it beep?

I have one. Not a bad board overall, there's a lot of BIOS options and I haven't found a single other problem with it, but be ready to disable the BEEP device in windows and learn to detect in a split second when it chooses to not respond to a key-up event since you'll march uncontrollably into enemy fire until you tap your direction keys again.

For the record I've never been killed in CS or anything else for that matter because of this issue, however more than once I believe I was saved by the fact that marching out in front of a guy with an M4 firing away is so atrociously stupid that it stunned my opponent long enough to spam my DE in his face.

I've yet to hear of a fix for the issue, BIOS updating isn't the cure as of Revision 25, and while some people said sending the mobos home for replacment helped and that a new hardware revision hasn't this issue, I'm not that excited about being good-computerless for any period of time.

Worth noting is this is clearly a cooling issue as when I stoped overclocking it to the hilt and improved cooling by blocking all the counterproductive air holes in my case and aligning my fans properly I haven't suffered a beep/key-jam in any recent memory.

Comment

Is this the -A1 or -T1 ? The newegg link is for -T1 can you double check the board though?

Comment

Which version (T1, AR, A1, etc) and revision of motherboard is this? It matters greatly as compatibility with the new 45nm chips. My personal board is on RMA for this very reason.

Comment

It's Sold, however the board is A1

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188013

Correct Link

Comment

Magna,
                    Clearly, you were overclocking beyond the ability to cool some portion of the system. I'd suspect the northbridge, but not sure.
                    I'm running a 680i that's going in for replacement (not b/c it's dead, but b/c of hardware revisions so it'll support a new 45nm processor) for only the cost of shipping (Go EVGA!), and I've overclocked it before.....but then again, my case has LOTS of fans and is loud....Antec 900 with fans replaced to louder fans with more CFM. Nothing except the 8800GTS seems to get above 33 or so C.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X