Wanted: Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Nintendo Wii

This past week I have been borrowing my brothers Nintendo Wii. As such I have completely fallen in love with it and what's more is my wife is completely on board as well and she would like to have one by Christmas. The problem currently is that we don't have $350 to go out and by a brand new Wii system with all the fixin's but I have read that if you are planning on waiting 'til Christmas, then you are goimg to be sorely dissapointed as the stores may be out of them until next year some time. So if anyone has a working Wii and would like to sell it to me please let me know. Also, if anyone is out on Black Friday and sees a super deal, please let me know right away.
    I am sorta counting on my extended family here because you guys always pull through for me.

P.s. If anyone finds a great deal and they are almost out I can pay you back RIGHT AWAY. I'm sure I am just dillusional from lack of sleep to think that some great deal is going to run up and bite me in the ass but I guess you never know.

:row__681:
    |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Re: Wanted: Nintendo Wii

Originally posted by Rali3gH View Post
    P.s. If anyone finds a great deal and they are almost out I can pay you back RIGHT AWAY.
    I'd be willing to do this for you if you gave me a number. Since I didn't wake up 'til noon today, I doubt that I'm going to see a GREAT deal, but I'll keep an eye out. How much are you willing to spend on just the Wii?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Here is wii for $250 but they are out of stock for now http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100018

Comment

Console systems never go on sale (especially new ones) since stores only make like $2 on every system sold. At most you'll see is $50 off.

Comment

I figured as much but thought it was worth a shot just to see if anyone wanted to sell one even if for nothing else. Anyhow for some reason work didn't pay me today so it's probably for the best anyhow.
          |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

I think the Wii is a great system to buy. And unlike other systems it does not revolve around violent games. Even so, I'm still an Xbox man. Trying to sell all my old systems to enough money for a 360.

Its a shame consoles never go on sale. The best you can do is most likely find some type of percent off coupon on your total purchase. I didn't see any good deals in any flyers on Black Friday for gaming stuff.
            I see, I come, I conquer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShooDaddy View Post
              I think the Wii is a great system to buy. And unlike other systems it does not revolve around violent games.
              We likes us sum violent games round here.

Comment

the thing with systems is they are so far advanced for their time, the companies sell the systems at a loss, and from different sources, the wii costs anywhere between 202 to 308 to build (plus shipping, the cost of remotes(not on the list of parts/cost) advertising... so a sale is not likely until the technology to manufacture the parts becomes cheaper
                IE: sony loses 180-250 per PS3 sold right now.. but as the manufacturing costs go down, so does their cost... and it is estimated that the $500 model will cost them $500 to get it on the shelves next summer (08) at the latest...
                the 360 is about a $30 loss for microsoft from the latest dated source

the wii is not a cutting edge graphics system... so the cost will drop fairly fast and fairly steep (wii is aimed at a new way to game vs omgwtfpwntastic graphics like 360 and ps3)