Need a 7900GT AGP card or something similar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 7900GT AGP card or something similar

I need a MUCH better card for my Intel Rig...it is stuck in AGP land for now, but i have got to get a better card..

anyone got anything worth a darn that i can afford?

i am not at all familiar with "what" a great AGP card would be, but most anything has to be better than the little 128mb 6800LE i have in it now..

it does fine at BF2 and PoE and stuff..but it chokes like a mule in a cotton patch on 2142 and such..

let me know if you have anything..

thanks!

birdie :)

Re: Need a 7900GT AGP card or something similar

I have a ATI x800XL 256mb for sale $110 OBO its a real good card for BF2 and 2142
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/buy-sel...-agp-sale.html

Comment

Birdie, look on NewEgg.com for some AGP cards. They have a good range of them at reasonable prices.

Here's the top-of-the-line AGP nVidia card (7900GS): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150174

It'll be $150 after the rebate.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by silenthunter343 View Post
        I have a ATI x800XL 256mb for sale $110 OBO its a real good card for BF2 and 2142
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/buy-sel...-agp-sale.html
        thanks for posting brutha, but i will never own another ATI...long story..:row__531:

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Birdie, look on NewEgg.com for some AGP cards. They have a good range of them at reasonable prices.

Here's the top-of-the-line AGP nVidia card (7900GS): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150174

It'll be $150 after the rebate.

thanks for that link bro...i had hoped to get out much cheaper though..as you can imagine...

maybe the best thing would be to just get another X2 4800+ board/cpu and try to upgrade the machine just adding those new components..i do not know what XP will do if i try, but i cannot envision trying to re-format and re-load all the shizzle that is on that box..it is somewhat my media server in the house..and has manyl, many gigz 'o stuff on it..

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
            ..and has manyl, many gigz 'o stuff on it..
            I read that as P0rn

How about.. http://electronic-pulse.com/index.ph...9&currency=USD
            "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

i've got an Asus V9999GT (6800gt)

if your interested all you need to do is cover shipping. I can send this Federal Express.

Comment

AGP is kinda tuff to get what ya want anymore :( kinda limited pending on price.

heres a couple i found pretty cheap.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...4227&CatId=318

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...2527&CatId=318

only thing you have to watch is some of these old-ball is that many of the games dont support them,,, so make sure you read the spec's for the games before you bujy a card,,, dont wana buy a new card that doesnt support the game you bought it for.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                  thanks for that link bro...i had hoped to get out much cheaper though..as you can imagine...

maybe the best thing would be to just get another X2 4800+ board/cpu and try to upgrade the machine just adding those new components..i do not know what XP will do if i try, but i cannot envision trying to re-format and re-load all the shizzle that is on that box..it is somewhat my media server in the house..and has manyl, many gigz 'o stuff on it..
                  Yep, that's the best way to go about it. I figured out a few months ago that it's not worth finding a "cheap" upgrade for my AGP system. Save up, and get yourself a PCI-E board and a cheaper (and more powerful) PCI-E card. :)
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

you could always save enough scratch for a new rig. that way the old one can still be used to do other things.

Comment

rhino hit it on the head..i have decided to use that machine basically as just a media server and to hold a couple web sites at the house...actually it is more fileserver now than anything, and i plan on putting together another rack mount machine as my desk has become a rat's nest...hopefully i will get my income tax return back real fast and i can procees with the new system..

thanks for everything fellas!

Comment

Nothing will help you Birdie!

Nah j/k

I was in the same boat with an AGP mobo. I got an SLI mobo for 120$ with raid 800mhz and the usual stuff. 120$ for a 8600gt. 35$ for 2G 800mhz RAM. Not bad for an upgrade and I'm VERY happy with it, if I really want to get 200 fps I guess i could SLI for another 120$ 8600gt, but so far haven't needed to really.

Want my old 6600gts? Jeez, I paid like 300$ when it came out.... that's insane!

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                        "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                        - Wulfyn

Comment

I'm sorry but people should not be trying to help Birdie have a smoother gameing experince, he kills me constantly in COD4. I would suggest you look into a ti4200 Birdie, you could probably get a good deal on it now :row__644:

Here is a good sight for comparing video cards side by side:

www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php

I would also suggest saving some money up and getting a new system. I'm not an ATI fan at all but there new cards seem to be doing well and if your on a budget they are the best performers for the price currently.

Comment

I have "re-decided" to not only upgrade that media box, but to also upgrade my gamer as well...i ended up with a couple of 4U rackmount boxes, and am going to move everything to a rack to make some space in my "workroom/gameroom" casue i am just flat out of space for all my guitar stuff and airplanes and "toys" as my wife puts it..she hates everything in that room..includingme i am afraid!:(

but i am going to transplant the guts (except for my rappy's) out of my gamer into the media box, and then get some woolly badass stuff for the gamer box when the new 9 series nvidia cards hit...just a board, memeory, cpu and video card...

now to find some rack rails that i can mount and hang down from the ceiling! :) i really need to hit the lotto!

Comment

Originally posted by IronRhino73 View Post
                              i've got an Asus V9999GT (6800gt)

if your interested all you need to do is cover shipping. I can send this Federal Express.
                              I ran a 6800 GT for quite a while...that'd probably fix you up for a bit...

+ rep to Iron Rhino for the generous offer.
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed