This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing

Ok so I said I was looking for a laptop but since Im going off soon $1000 is a little steep for my price. So can someone find me one thats a little cheaper and good? That would be great.

Thanks,
    Sara.

Re: Another thing

I just rebuilt a Dell Inspiron 9300 that I am looking to sell.

1.6 p-m 533 fsb (upgradeable to 2.26 or overclockable for cheap)
    1024 gig ram (upgradeable to 2 gig... will upgrade to the 2 gigs for 50.00)
    80gig hdd (obviously and easily upgradeable to a 250gig 5400rpm or 200gig 7200rpm drive)
    GeForce 8600 go 256 meg
    DVD +/-RW
    17" 1920x1200 screen
    802.11 b/g
    battery holds 2 hr+ charge, and with current specs, scores a 3.4 on vista. a mem, hard drive and cpu upgrade would put it @ 5+... the video scores 5.9

looking for 600.00 out of it with a leather satchel case and 90w ac adapter.

I just bought this on this forum from microcosm and rebuilt it from the ground up. - new plastics, new screen, new keyboard, complete cleaning.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post

80gig hdd (obviously and easily upgradeable to a 250gig 5400rpm or 200gig 7200rpm drive)
      GeForce 8600 go 256 meg
      DVD +/-RW
      17" 1920x1200 screen
      802.11 b/g
      battery holds 2 hr+ charge, and with current specs, scores a 3.4 on vista. a mem, hard drive and cpu upgrade would put it @ 5+... the video scores 5.9

I just bought this on this forum from microcosm and rebuilt it from the ground up. - new plastics, new screen, new keyboard, complete cleaning.
      sudo rm -rf *

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post

GeForce 8600 go 256 meg
        DVD +/-RW
        17" 1920x1200 screen
        802.11 b/g

Dr.Fasty, this looks like a killer deal. I would go with this and upgrade the memory for the extra $50.00 as that is a good price as well. Plus you know you are getting a working machine and you aren't being ripped off in any way because it's coming from a fellow TG member. My suggestion is to snap this up before someone else does. :icon20:

+rep for =DdogG=
        |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

To be honost. I dont really trust people like this not saying ur not trustworthy. Trying to find someone that has a link for it that I can order it. Thanks but sorry.

-Fasty

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.FAsTy View Post
            To be honost. I dont really trust people like this not saying ur not trustworthy. Trying to find someone that has a link for it that I can order it. Thanks but sorry.

-Fasty
            Dude, then why are you in this forum?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

edit.... typo on the video card.

6800 go not 8600. It can be upgraded to a 7900gtx though......

(the 9300 is just an xps without the leds)

and if you don't want it...

btw, good luck finding something that will play games for the price....
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                Dude, then why are you in this forum?
                Yeah, I have to say the same thing. This is a buy/sell/trade forum; not a "help me find a super deal online because I am too lazy to shop for myself" forum.

Originally posted by Dr.FAsTy View Post

-Fasty
                I also find it ironic that the person who hasn't been here for more than a month is having trouble trusting the member who has been here for over four years. If you had serached =DdogG='s post and thread history you would see that he has made multiple sales/purchases via this forum and has never had one complaint. You have alot of guts to question this persons honesty in the same thread that you ask for his help.

Furthermore if that was all you wanted why didn't you just continue your thread that you posted three weeks ago asking for the same thing in which you received an abundant supply of help and suggestions. Or did you not trust them either?

Anyhow, I think =DdogG='s deal is pretty damn good especially since you seem to be on a budget constraint. If you are unwilling to buy used then you are most likely not going to find that "SUPER" deal you are looking for within your price range.
                |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

wow...

I was really just tryin to help out a fellow TG'er. These things go for a minimum of 700 on ebay everyday, with worse specs. I'll be happy to keep it.

I appreciate the backup guys.

and Dr. Fasty, I would be wary of selling it to you at this point since it is used and I would probably get flack for the few little things that are wrong with it.

Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.
                    You woul'd know that from a what? Kindergarden education?
                    Don't be telling me off like this. It's a mistake people make those.
                    Don't be getting the nerve to tell me this stuff untill you know everything about it so don't talk to me about this unless you know about my situation.
                    Thank you,
                    ~Fasty

Comment

Wow.

Dog thats a bitchen machine. I had one when they first came out and it rocked. Then i sold it for a nice amount of money and bought my desktop. They really havent made a better machine since the 9300.
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Everyone simmer down now.

Cingular, you read too much into Fasty's reply -- she's still looking to buy but she wants to buy from a shady online "company" instead of someone who has psudonym recognition and a documented history of being a non-scammer. That's her choice, though she should've said she wants to publish her credit card number to some script kiddie or faceless corporation with no return policy anyway in the first place.

Sara, don't be "don't be"-ing anyone. One, quoting Bambi doesn't count as poignant. Two, you weren't being told off, you were learning a life lesson -- the sort of thing you used to pick up in kindergarten. Kindergarten, it's a German word, not a soil-filled box used to literally plant kindersprouts. Three, know everything about what? What is this "my situation"? Restarting my enumeration: One, we don't know because you never told us. Two, whatever it is, it doesn't pertain to the fact that you were offered a slam dunk and chose to abstain. And three, it's the internet. Don't take it seriously.

[ In this location, I omit a rude comment to bookend this post. If you're a lunatic, you'll know what my rude comment is. ]

Comment

I'm very disappointed to see the lack of respect by Tactical Gamer's here in this thread. If you are not going to provide constructive feedback to Dr. Fasty then you do not need to post any response at all.

Dr. Fasty... this particular forum is setup to facilitate buying/selling/trading amongst Tactical Gamer members. If you're looking for help in finding a commercial site to purchase a laptop, you may have better success in the Hardware & Software forum.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                            Everyone simmer down now.

Cingular, you read too much into Fasty's reply --
                            I think you have me confused with several other posters.

Dr. Fasty, you might want to check out the Hardware Forum if you're looking for information on, well, hardware. This forum is meant to be a place where TG members can buy, sell and trade with each other. Whether or not you're comfortable buying from another TG member is your decision, but if you're not comfortable with it, then looking elsewhere is probably going to be your best bet.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X