Want: Mounting adapter to fit 3.5" device in a 5" bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want: Mounting adapter to fit 3.5" device in a 5" bay

I know they come for free with just about every retail HDD, but I've never kept them... Now I'm buying an OEM drive and I'm not sure they'll come with the drive. I need them to mount a USB2 front panel extension in my case (which only has one externally accessible 3.5 inch bay and it's designed for a floppy drive only).

I'm willing to pay for shipping, but I was hoping someone would be willing to just pay it forward and I'll try to hook up the next person that needs something...

Thanks in advance!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Want: Mounting adapter to fit 3.5" device in a 5" bay

Merry Christmas.... send me your address.........

you want 2 seperate (one on each side) or one solid (single piece the entire device fits inside)?

I have both, but the 5.25 cover with the 3.5 cutout I cannot help with....... are you cutting that from scratch?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I may have one with a cutout adaptor. I will have to check.
      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
        Merry Christmas.... send me your address.........

you want 2 seperate (one on each side) or one solid (single piece the entire device fits inside)?

I have both, but the 5.25 cover with the 3.5 cutout I cannot help with....... are you cutting that from scratch?
        Thanks!

I think I'd better go with the two piece adapter, just to insure that it fits... I was going to cut a hole in the middle of the large cover so it'll fit... (good thing I'm not too big on cosmetics, because I'm sure it's gonna be ugly...)

IM sent.
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I have 2 adaptors with the 3.5 cutout all ready. If you still want tell me where to send.
          "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Quarath
            I have 2 adaptors with the 3.5 cutout all ready. If you still want tell me where to send.
            Hmmm, well, I think DdogG may have already sent me the adapter. And I'm really not picky about the appearance... But I suppose airflow is a concern, so the tighter the fit, the better...

If you're not gonna use it for anything, I sure wouldn't mind having the cutout. And if DdogG hasn't shipped yet, then it would be easier/cheaper if I got the adapter from you, as well...

I'll send you my address via PM.
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I was shipping tomorrow.... well, later today....... if you want his..... is ok.

whatever.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                I was shipping tomorrow.... well, later today....... if you want his..... is ok.

whatever.
                Well, I thank you very much for your offer, but if you haven't sent it, I'd just as soon take Quarath up on his offer.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Shipped today. Sorry sent reg first class but shouldn''t be to long. That is if it makes it...or it doesn't accidentaly get put on a plan overseas that crashes on a deserted island and becomes one with a sandy beach.

Comment

Shipped today. Sorry sent reg first class but shouldn''t be to long. That is if it makes it...or it doesn't accidentaly get put on a plan overseas that crashes on a deserted island and becomes one with a sandy beach.
                    Thank you, sir!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Got it yesterday. Thank you!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X