Buy my D&D 3.5 stuff!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy my D&D 3.5 stuff!

Well, I've fully migrated into DnD4th edition so now it's time for me to part with my 3.5 books. I DO like the 3.5 system, but I've come to appreciate the 4th a bit more. Some may disagree with this assessment, hence the reason I believe there's someone out there that'd be willing to buy it. i.e. many people like 3.5 better.

So, I'm giving up:
    -2 copies (1 hardback, 1 paperback) of the PHB
    -1 DMG
    -1 MM
    -The Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde Adventure (for lvls 1-6)
    -Forgotten Realms Campaign Book

ALL my stuff is basically unused. I've barely read any of it and have yet to even play a game.

$80 shipped obo

Re: Buy my D&D 3.5 stuff!

How are you liking 4E? I Just got my box set in the mail; I'm going be setting up a campaign for my wife and 7yo son.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Re: Buy my D&amp;D 3.5 stuff!

Yes, post some 4.0 reviews. I'm planning on running a D6 Star Wars campaign(Best Star wars Game) and digging up the old books I found my old AD&D books. Talk about the memories.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Dammit! I'm trying to sell my 3.5 books here. shhhhhh I'm not gonna review 4.0 LoL

Nah, I like 4.0 a lot better than 3.5. It has a few things it needs, but those things are already being remedied by the D&D Community. I'm a tactical nut, so 4th ed. was a breath of fresh air for me... as it's very tactical; BUT, easy enough for newbs to grasp. Expandable enough to make it terribly challenging as well. 3.5 was just too slow a game to make any of the tactics any fun. Plus, there was very little creativity involved with 3.5 combat - it was either you hit or you dont. With 4e it's like "I hit him with a 'crippling blast'" instead of, "I cast lvl 1 fireball and hit."

3.5 was just too much crunch. It's equally tactical, but only in a crunchy rules overload sense. I'd say if you like to generate oddball characters than 3.5 is probably more your liking (since there's a million skills). Seeing as how 4ed is a brand new game it's a bit short-sighted in its chargen choices. I look for this to change pretty quickly though with new classes and a few new systems layered on (like a personality aspect system). Thing is though, you can say 4ed characters are actually MORE complex than 3.5 simply due to the varying tiers you can take and power choices you have... not including multiclassing (which is very easy in 4ed). So, in a way it's a sneaky system that SEEMS overly simple for chargen, but through the life of a character I'd say you end up with extremely varied individuals over time. You can liken it to pre-speccing a toon in WoW I guess. (obviously more varied than WoW toons though)

With 4.0 player interaction, positioning, and timing are critical... moreso than 3.5. The majority of folks that complain about the system are usually covered in tactical newbsauce. Many times a simple basic attack will have many layers of underlying tactics you need to consider (not including racials, feats, etc.). I liken it to a team game of MtG. Matter of fact, you can already buy "power cards" for the game (there are over 1000 of em).

Ok... it just basically kicks ass IMO. Go buy it. And yes, I do plan on starting some kind of TacticalGamer DnD Insider Clan when they finish with the Online version.

As for my 3.5 books:
        $70 shipped?

p.s.
        4th ed. DnD SCREAMS for a SW: KOTOR conversion. Nerds wet their corduroys thinking of it.

Comment

Hello, I am looking for someone to buy basically all of the 3.5 Books, and it looks like you have them. I do not now if you still do. But if you do can you email me back ASAP. My email is [email protected]. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
          Dammit! I'm trying to sell my 3.5 books here. shhhhhh I'm not gonna review 4.0 LoL

Nah, I like 4.0 a lot better than 3.5. It has a few things it needs, but those things are already being remedied by the D&D Community. I'm a tactical nut, so 4th ed. was a breath of fresh air for me... as it's very tactical; BUT, easy enough for newbs to grasp. Expandable enough to make it terribly challenging as well. 3.5 was just too slow a game to make any of the tactics any fun. Plus, there was very little creativity involved with 3.5 combat - it was either you hit or you dont. With 4e it's like "I hit him with a 'crippling blast'" instead of, "I cast lvl 1 fireball and hit."

3.5 was just too much crunch. It's equally tactical, but only in a crunchy rules overload sense. I'd say if you like to generate oddball characters than 3.5 is probably more your liking (since there's a million skills). Seeing as how 4ed is a brand new game it's a bit short-sighted in its chargen choices. I look for this to change pretty quickly though with new classes and a few new systems layered on (like a personality aspect system). Thing is though, you can say 4ed characters are actually MORE complex than 3.5 simply due to the varying tiers you can take and power choices you have... not including multiclassing (which is very easy in 4ed). So, in a way it's a sneaky system that SEEMS overly simple for chargen, but through the life of a character I'd say you end up with extremely varied individuals over time. You can liken it to pre-speccing a toon in WoW I guess. (obviously more varied than WoW toons though)

With 4.0 player interaction, positioning, and timing are critical... moreso than 3.5. The majority of folks that complain about the system are usually covered in tactical newbsauce. Many times a simple basic attack will have many layers of underlying tactics you need to consider (not including racials, feats, etc.). I liken it to a team game of MtG. Matter of fact, you can already buy "power cards" for the game (there are over 1000 of em).

Ok... it just basically kicks ass IMO. Go buy it. And yes, I do plan on starting some kind of TacticalGamer DnD Insider Clan when they finish with the Online version.

As for my 3.5 books:
          $70 shipped?

p.s.
          4th ed. DnD SCREAMS for a SW: KOTOR conversion. Nerds wet their corduroys thinking of it.

Comment

Yah, I still have all this stuff available and I'm now throwing in a boxed DCC (dungeon crawl classic), "Saga of the Dragon Cult."

Comment

Hey man, are you still selling that 3.5 stuff? I'm interested in the PHB, DMG and MM. I'm in London, UK BTW.
              Cheers!
              Laurence

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...