No announcement yet.

WTB: TV Tuner For Use With Mythbuntu

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: TV Tuner For Use With Mythbuntu

I'm dipping my toes into the world of Mythbuntu. Since I'm new to the entire thing I'm looking for a cheap TV tuner to start using with it.

Anyone have a TV tuner laying around they want to sell?

Or, do you use Mythbuntu/MythTV and have a suggestion on an entry-level TV tuner? Right now I'm just looking for single tuner because of budget constraints but if someone has a dual tuner they want to sell let's talk as that's what I'm probably looking for long term. Does NOT need to be HD, I'm SD across the board at the moment.

Re: WTB: TV Tuner For Use With Mythbuntu

Hmmm, I have an old Hauppage card that I'm not sure works entirely. I'll check to see if I still have it. If I do I can send it to you for the cost of shipping.

PM/IM/email me to remind me I posted this :)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

I have this, without the MCE:

there is an MCE kit you can buy.
      it works perfectly, but my sources are HD only.
      Let me know if you're interested, I was thinking 60ish but I'm not sure if that's inexpensive enough for your needs. I know for a fact it works excellently with myth.

I have 4 different tuners for a laptop.

1 usb atsc/ntsc
        1 express card ntsc
        1 express card atsc/ntsc
        1 mini pci-e atsc/ntsc

too bad you are doing a desktop... I would give you the expresscard ntsc one
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed