PC Mic Headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Mic Headset

I used to have a PC mic that went over your head rather than sitting on your desk or attached to the monitor. It was bascially a headset without the earphones. It was made by Labtec, I think. Don't ask me where it's at because if I knew, I wouldn't be posting here. :) I have searched Labtec, Logitech, Altec Lansing, and Creative for such a solution. I want just a mic on my head because I still want to hear the sound out my speakers. I have two sound cards in my PC so I can separate TS from general game sounds. I currently have a Labtec desk mic attached to my monitor but I am afraid of feedback from my speakers. So I crawl to the back of my PC and hook it up so all sound comes through the headset.

Does anyone have just a mic on a headset or know where I can get one?

[volun]

Re: PC Mic Headset

I got one.....

exactly like what you want...... pay for the shipping and its yours..... 10.00 should do it... (just shipped 2 boxes that same size and both were right there around 10.)

lemme know.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

From the "for what it's worth" department:

With the lag inherent in the internet, "feedback" is generally just an annoyance you catch every now and again, and certainly not the DJ-standing-in-front-of-the-speakers eardeath noise that most people think of when they hear "feedback".

I use a headset mic (one of those TimeLife operator ones) with Altec 2.1 speakers that are tops 2.5 feet from the mic at any given time, and I've no complaints other than "Dammit Poker, don't blow into the microphone!"[1]. It works, normally for better than for worse.

[1]Wyzcrak, on me breathing as opposed to talking.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
        I got one.....

exactly like what you want...... pay for the shipping and its yours..... 10.00 should do it... (just shipped 2 boxes that same size and both were right there around 10.)

lemme know.
        I'll take it. Who makes it? Tell me how you want the money for shipping.

[volun]

Comment

Use one with earphones! Then you can get a second sound card to pipe TS to the headset with gaming sounds on the speakers.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

there are head sets with one speaker that TS could be routed through so to give the realistic "world sounds" comaperd to the comm sounds. It is how the PS2 works.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
              I'll take it. Who makes it? Tell me how you want the money for shipping.
              ok,dunno,check
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                Use one with earphones! Then you can get a second sound card to pipe TS to the headset with gaming sounds on the speakers.
                That's what I have now. I have a set of stereo headphones with a mic and I will have to turn the sound for the game up so loud that my family will complain. I will wait and see if DdogG's solution fits the bill. If not, I may just look again for a mono headset.

[volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X