Woot! off going on............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woot! off going on............

For those that know Woot!, there is a Woot! off going on right now.
    For those that don't, what it means is Woot! is having a sells bonanza, and what it does is sells a ton of one thing, and as soon as there all gone, switches to one more thing, and so on. The little yellow bar under the item picture tells you how much of the item is left.

http://www.woot.com/

I keep that tab open, with my name logged in, because some sales go so fast it will give you whiplash.

But I also keep this tab open:
    http://www.twobitarcade.com/woot/

It constantly updates itself, and plays a sound when the item hits 0, and then another when the item changes to something new. The amount left is also shown on your tab.

It also tells you if the item is new or referbished. For instance, they have a 19" Gateway widescreen monitor right now on there for $129. Not too bad, but I'll hold off till they have a 24".

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Woot! off going on............

Wow, they wooted off all day yesterday too. Guess they're doing a lotta wooting. They sent out an email the other day declaring yesterday's woot off:
    WOOT, INC. INTERNAL EMAIL
    STAFF EYES ONLY

Attention Woot employees -

We are now entering the final phase of preparations for the Woot-Off planned for midnight tonight. This is when we depart from our usual deal-a-day model and sell one product after another, offering a new deal as soon as the previous one sells out. For some reason, Woot members like anospa continue to have high expectations for this event. We must make every effort to ensure that they feel disappointed and betrayed.

All workers should be physically and mentally straining to make this Woot-Off a success, like every muscle in a wolf's body strains to capture and devour its prey. We expect total compliance with the following objectives:

* Make sure the stables are thoroughly cleaned and the horses properly groomed and shod. As you know, Commander Rutledge prefers to lead us on horseback during Woot-Offs. Charge!
    * Customer Service department: all vacation requests for this week and next are approved. If you have not filed a vacation request, take one anyway.
    * The little green pills in the kitchen are there to keep you alert and working. Take as many as you need. Officially, Woot does not believe in the concept of "overdose".
    * Take at least one of our servers offline, just for laughs.
    * Go to the landfill and dig up some more Sansa media players. If you see any Digipro Graphics Tablets (and you will), grab those, too.
    * Place crap bags in company latrines so those orders can be "filled". To this end, the company will provide free lunch today from El Feo, the filthiest burrito joint in Dallas. Do your worst, guys.
    * Neutralize all negative thinking among our members. We simply cannot tolerate any more posts like "do not want" or "Woot-Off killer". If electronic means like word filters and IP bans do not work, we must reactivate the rapid-response teams to physically eliminate all threats to our reputation.
    * Last time, spot checks revealed that approximately 25% of products shipped are broken, incomplete, or excessively dirty. This is unacceptable. For this Woot-Off, defective shipments must make up at least 40%.
    * Remind SmartPost that there's no need to hurry on these orders. Prompt delivery makes our customers spoiled and argumentative. Let them learn humility and gratitude while they wait.

Above all, we must strive to make this Woot-Off even more tedious, disappointing, and lucrative than the last one. The employee who achieves the most toward this end will be rewarded with one brown Zune. Second place: two brown Zunes.

Forward into battle! Remember: to give one's life for Woot is glorious!

Larry Stalin
    eCommerce eKommissar
    Woot, Inc.

THIS EMAIL WILL SELF-DESTRUCT IN 90 SECONDS

Comment

I got that email and have been checking sporadically waiting and hoping for the fabled bag of crap...have only been able to get 2 bags of crap, but hoping to get many more..!! Coolest thing ever in the history of mankind..!

The last one showed up in a box 1/2 the size of a fridge, had everything from 1980's comic books and an action figure (still new and sealed) to some well used socks, and even a new pair of Stereo Bluetooth headphones!

Comment

Bag of crap's up, gonna try and get one... Though the server is very busy!

Haha, damnit. Checked the woot alert site, said 44%, refreshed woot to try and get to the order page, the alert site then went down to 16%, and now is sold out!

Comment

that comp is a bad deal IMO.

- -

Comment

They just sold around 90% of their stock in 1 minute
            *gulp*

Comment

LMFAO

Best company ever...

Comment

Another wootoff today. Make sure you look at my 1st post in the thread to a link to the woot watcher. Very very handy.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Bump:

Another wootoff today. Make sure you look at my 1st post in the thread to a link to the woot watcher. Very very handy.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

they always do this in-between checks when I have moths flying out of my wallet....

:(
                    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

WOOT OFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you look at the first post in the thread to find the link to the woot watcher.................. :row__590:

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X