Looking for an socket 478 MB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an socket 478 MB

Hey all, I need an older MB socket 478 I think it is?

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 519
    Operates at 3.06GHz
    1MB L2 cache and 533MHz FSB

above is the processor, My brother in law has an emachine he gave me with everything i need to make a low,low budget gamer for my son and I am hoping someone has a old MB they would be willing to part with. The board this pc has now is smoked,If I were in a perfect world I would want a board with a single PCI-e. Thanks in advance
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Looking for an socket 478 MB

Pentium 4 519? That's LGA775 - the "numbered" Pentium 4s were after the 478 days.
    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
    -- Red Forman

Comment

ok, help me out here I'm an AMD guy....what socket is for that chip?? It's a single core P4 but the 775 boards only show celeron single core....the rest are dual?
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I MIGHT have a 478 board if that is what you need. Only thing is that I'm pretty sure it's got an AGP slot.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

agp is fine....actually some decent agp cards on the market....I'll let ya know when I find out what socket the chip is....thnks Spyder

[TG-13th]Ven

Comment

Ven you got a couple of things to consider as the cpu is a 533 mhz chip so the 400 and 800 memory may give you some trouble. It is a 775 socket which supports P4 thru quad core processors and is probably the most versatile socket.

I just finished rebuilding my P4 and managed a 4.4 Vista rating which isn't shabby but is easily surpassed by some of the mobo/cpu combo's you can find as barebones kits. You will be able to find a mobo with pci-e support for your processor but I picked up a Sapphire HD3850 (agp) that supports Directx10 for a little over a hundred.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I'll check when I get home, but I'm fairly certain that the board I've got has a 478 P4 2.4 Ghz in it too. Yours for cheap if that's what I got.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

popped the heatsink....its LGA 775

Comment

lol, didn't I say that in the first reply? :-D
                  "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                  -- Red Forman

Comment

Its a P4 socket 775 with a 533 FSB?? I thought all the prescotts with hyperthreading were 800 FSB. Even second gen 478 P4 had an 800 FSB. I dont doubt that its a 775 chip if you popped the heatsink Im just saying ive never seen or heard of it.

Comment

If you need a cheap setup I have an old Asus CUSL2 MB, Processor, and mem laying around. I think the processor is a P4 (haven't popped the heatsink and fan). Let me know

Shane
                      |TG-Irr|Duc748s

sigpic

Comment

I've got a 775 board still new in the box for like $30 bucks.
                        I can get the specs if that's something you're in interested in. I got it with my C4Q in a package deal from Fry's.

Comment

i have checked it’s really great
                          DO my utmost powergolding and enjoy happy daily life....

Comment

http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SL87L

Says it is a 775 socket.

Snowman out

Comment

Well, I'll be darned. A 533 FSB P4 does exist for the LGA775 socket... Goodness, I wonder if Intel was really that desperate to sell those chips.

--------

I did a quick search through PriceWatch (yes I still use it) and found a $22 LGA775 P4 board using the Intel 915G chipset (supports 800/533 FSB P4s and Celerons).

Here's the full PriceWatch list of LGA775 boards: http://www.pricewatch.com/motherboards/socket_775-0.htm

The official Intel page for the 915G chipset: http://pixel01.cps.intel.com/product...915g/index.htm

For about $45, you can get this Foxconn G31 board on NewEgg which also supports 533 FSB. I think a few reviewers said they managed to get a Pentium 4 running on the board (look to make sure for yourself).

Hopefully that helps you out Ven. :)

P.S. NewEgg no longer carries any LGA775 boards that support 533
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X