This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade CD Keys? Please Read!

I just got my very own new computer and as such, no longer have a need to hog my brotherls. But being as we're both avid gamers, we play the same games. Before now we've only needed one copy. Now I'm looking to trade keys so I may continue to play =]

Want:
    Battlefield 2142
    Battlefield 2

I Have:
    Diablo 2 (2x keys)
    Diablo 2 LOD.
    Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth:
    *(I have 1,2, and the exp for 2)*
    Star Wars Empire At War (and Forces Of Corruption)
    Medal Of Honor Allied Assault: Spearhead (Expansion for Allied Assault)

If anyone would like to trade CD Keys, please let me know.
    I'm not the best, but I try. That's good enough for me.

Re: Trade CD Keys? Please Read!

Originally posted by Caviano View Post
    I just got my very own new computer and as such, no longer have a need to hog my brotherls. But being as we're both avid gamers, we play the same games. Before now we've only needed one copy. Now I'm looking to trade keys so I may continue to play =]

Want:
    Battlefield 2142
    Battlefield 2

I Have:
    Diablo 2 (2x keys)
    Diablo 2 LOD.
    Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth:
    *(I have 1,2, and the exp for 2)*
    Star Wars Empire At War (and Forces Of Corruption)
    Medal Of Honor Allied Assault: Spearhead (Expansion for Allied Assault)

If anyone would like to trade CD Keys, please let me know.
    TG doesn't roll like this

|TG| Sproge "Tiger how did you flip that tank?!"
    |TG-SC| PM07SNV "We need another world war to base more games on..."
    |TG-AIR| DrBeat: "I just dropped my propane tank in the fire again"

Comment

*facepalm* not again....
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Your 21, just go buy both games for $20.

Comment

I have to agree with above posts, key trading isn't how we roll. You can get BF2 these days for pocket change. 2142 can't be much more either.

POE2 Developer

Comment

If you're talking about sharing keys, that's a no-go.

If you're talking about trading games, including the disk, key and any other goodies, well, that's different.

Please clarify. I'd hate to have to delete this thread for promoting piracy if you really were just looking to trade one of your games for someone else's game.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Okay, I have to defend this guy...he did specify trade. Let's give him a fair shake before we jump to conlusions. Maybe he's not up on all the piracy laws and really just wants a legit trade.

Edit: Cheers Cing...somehow I missed your post.
              |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

But all he's trading is keys, what about the game itself? Am I supposed to just get a copy from somewhere cheap? If so then what's the point as that copy will come with it's own key.
                The only way this looks to me is: "I'll trade you a key then you can go and download the game from some torrent site but your legit key can let you play online" Either way that's not legal. And how exactly is he going to play with just a key? torrent his copy also?

Unless he is selling a hard copy of the title, shipped with the disc, case, manual and printed key then this is no good and should be closed.

POE2 Developer

Comment

You have a whole bunch of questions and then a demand.

My point is that he needs to clarify what he has and what he wants to do. There are a lot of legal things that he can do based on what he has said so far.

So, until the OP clarifies things, can we lay off?
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I'll clarify. Feel free to delete this post though, as I have gotten the key I needed...

I had bought two copies of BF2 because my install disk broke. That was before I knew I could download an ISO. (Which in this case, shouldnt be illegal... it wasn't my fault the disk broke, the drive spun it a little too fast and it shattered in the drive)

So I HAD 2 LEGIT CD keys but only 1 copy of the game.... but then i lost the game manual with one of the keys. So there is one legit BF2 cd key out there that is not being used because my manual was misplaced (probably thrown out)

So I was looking to trade keys, I had assumed the person who wanted one of the keys I offered would torrent the ISO.

I didn't know that this was against forum policy, but neither did I think in this particular case, that it was illegal in general.

All CD Keys were legit, and to be used by one party only. All were purchased and none were obtained by illegal means. Only the ISO's that I have.

But again I apologize if this thread is against forum policy. Feel free to delete the thread, but please do leave my reputation in tact. (I don't think I have a reputation in general, but 0 is better than -10)

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                      Your 21, just go buy both games for $20.
                      To this I have the following to say:

I was 17 when I registered to this site, I wasn't sure If I had to be 18 to join so I lied about my birthday by a few too many years. I'm 18.
                      That's beside the point.

And I don't feel the need to purchase another copy of a game I've already bought twice. Even once, if I already have the CD key. It's not against the law to make a copy of a game for your own personal use. Therefore it should also be perfectly legal to torrent an ISO of a game if you have already purchased it, and you lose or break your own CD. Which is what I've done.

Comment

Originally posted by Caviano View Post
                        I'll clarify. Feel free to delete this post though, as I have gotten the key I needed.
                        Great, then I'll close this thread, as it's no longer contributing much of anything to TG.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X