Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestion for pricing a used computer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion for pricing a used computer...

i'm planning to sell my computer to a friend, i would like your suggestions whether or not ripping him off (because though i don't want to rip him off, i was pushing to price my computer enough to buy a new intel celeron below 500 if any ways possible)

60 hard drive
    256 memory
    pentium 4 CPU
    cd r/w
    floppy drive
    motherboard
    power supply 300w
    Nvidia Video Card
    dvd drive

from that, i pulled at little over 500+
    so instead, i slashed the extra cash and my final price is 500.
    ~*~*~you can find the reference of my little "pricing(s)" from the attachment ~*~*~

in this case, if i priced 'every-single' parts, i can perhaps pull off at least 500 or above.
    lemme hear from you guys cuz this may be my rare chance of finally selling my computer...

PS: please be honest as possible (brutally if must)...better that i hear honesty from you guys than trying to play "mr. nice guy" for nothing.
    Attached Files
    sweet price...best of luck :)
    0.00%
    DAMN IT nightfire, you're ripping ppl of again!!! >:(
    100.00%

Re: suggestion for pricing a used computer...

The real keys to the pricing would be the CPU and the Video card, I think. P4 and Nvidia aren't anything to sneeze at, for certain, but both of those terms cover a LOT of spectrum so far as cost and performance goes.

Are those "original" prices current ones, or what you paid back when you got the computer?

That said, presuming that those are both middle-of-the-road components $500 isn't a horrible price, I don't think.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i think when i "got" the computer...but some are based on the current prices today so it's not 100% accurate. but your average man can't tell* ;)
      *ppl here do know though, so that's a different story :P

Comment

If you arent giving the whole story on the merchandise then we cant really judge it.

Comment

like i said, i can't get 100% of what my computer's specs are...so i'll have to wait until like tomorrow or something to look over them thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            The real keys to the pricing would be the CPU and the Video card, I think. P4 and Nvidia aren't anything to sneeze at, for certain, but both of those terms cover a LOT of spectrum so far as cost and performance goes.
            Yep, no way to judge without knowing these two things... Another good way to increase the value of the computer is to double the RAM. 256 ain't much...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

the computer my friend is requesting is not meant to be a gaming machine, but at least good enough for watching movies and doing school work.

Comment

tiger direct sells refurbed p4 2.6, 256, 80gig, dvd/cdrw, intel extreme, and winxp home.

all for 450 without monitor. selling the computer for 500 is fine..... there is nothing wrong with making money. I usually try to make a 100 to 150 margin max though....... anything more I feel like I am cheating people.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X