Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Swords for Sale

Hello All,

Grandpa Served in WWII, Japanese Theatre. He stayed on with the occupying forces and ended up with quite a few swords. I will be selling some of them. I do not want to but have to.

Six Katana, Two Wakisashi, Two Tanto's, Two Naginata, Six Yari (Spear), and one Sogergami.

All of the Katanas are from the Showa period, everything else is much much older. All of the swords have seen combat but are in very good condition.

There will be some armor for sale too. One full set of Samurai Armor, plus some extra pieces.

If you have an interest, send me a PM.

Thanks guys!!

Loraxe
    sigpic
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin
    "Any country that would give up a little freedom for a little security deserves neither and will lose both." Ben Franklin

"There are more old drunkards than old doctors." Ben Franklin

Re: Real Swords for Sale

Wow... That's a shame you have to get rid of this stuff...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I think Grandpa would be totally cool with it. Some of the money will go to help maintain other pieces and there is just so much of it. It is a pretty big collection. There are also swords from ancient China, Rome, Persia and Greece (bronze), Daggers and Bayonets from every US war (And from both sides of every conflict), British swords, German Swords, Flintlock Rifles, and on and on. . .

There is not enough room to display it all and your house would be pretty scary if you did. Most guys can only have one 'Man' room and the garage. Can you imagine your wife's excitement to have a 16th century headman's axe hanging over the bed? I suppose some might get a thrill out of it. . .

Loraxe
      sigpic
      "Any country that would give up a little freedom for a little security deserves neither and will lose both." Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Loraxe View Post
        Can you imagine your wife's excitement to have a 16th century headman's axe hanging over the bed? I suppose some might get a thrill out of it. . .
        Loraxe
        Heh..Only the Cool Ones...only the Cool ones...
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Oh wow... To not be broke...
          sigpic

Comment

Any chance you can post pics of these pieces?
            | | |

Comment

My friend in La Crosse has the katanas and waki's now, I will get them back next week and put up pics. He and his brother and father speak (and Read) Japanese and have been helping me with identifying the smiths and what prefectures they worked in.

Loraxe
              sigpic

Comment

Yeh if u can post pics that'd be nice.

Comment

Forget about posting pictures of just the pieces for sale, I want to see the entire collection. That seems like quite a lot of classical millitary hardware you've got there. Stuff any old weapon buff would drool and go green with envy over.
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                    Forget about posting pictures of just the pieces for sale, I want to see the entire collection. That seems like quite a lot of classical millitary hardware you've got there. Stuff any old weapon buff would drool and go green with envy over.
                    Seconded. I'm already drooling and I haven't even seen them!
                    | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X