Commenting on high prices?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commenting on high prices?

why are there always those people who think it's there "duty" to help you price your stuff??? If your not interested in it don't post on it.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Selling CPU/Mobo/RAM

Originally posted by venman View Post
    why are there always those people who think it's there "duty" to help you price your stuff??? If your not interested in it don't post on it.
    Some people try to be helpful and most people don't pay near retail price for used hardware. Electronics are like new cars on a lot. The moment you buy them they lose most of their value. Since it is clear PCLiPSE is using them in his current computer they aren't brand new in box. Even the best care means the part is no longer new, so as Sordavie noted being able to spend a little more on current tech is not going to entice people to buy older hardware.

Sordavie was just trying to be helpful. It's not like he gave a suggested price for the items, just noted it might be a bit high.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

It's more like being protective of other TG members who may be potentially ripped off. I think there is some duty to make sure your friends don't get ripped off.

Comment

We're big boys, we can take care or ourselves.

I've bought and shared parts with other TGer's and they have always been well maintained. Some parts maintain their value better than others and under different circumstances would purchase this board for a back up for my current rig.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

What CPU or motherboard maintains it's value? Are these high demand or especially rare collector's items or something that I'm not aware about?

Bronco - Apparently you wouldn't be able to take care of yourself if you really would have picked up these parts at $250 for a backup to your current rig. That would have been a highly unwise decision with your money. Perhaps you have lots of money to throw away. But throwing away money is still unwise use of it. You don't need backup CPU or motherboard. Those things are constantly dropping in price with newer, faster technology coming out. If your CPU or motherboard breaks, it's much better to just then buy a newer, faster one at a cheaper price than you paid for your current one - not overpaying for old stuff that you may or may not need to use.

In any case, look at all of the forum threads asking for help about builds and what to buy. TGers come to this board to be informed about all kinds of gaming information including hardware. I don't think I know anyone who's too above looking at information about pricing, value, and performance of computer parts - I suppose except you. It's probably the "big boys" who think they can do everything on their own that need the most taking care of.

Comment

I maintain several rigs that are indeed dated including a P4 and a socket 939 that each represented the state of the art and have back up components for each. No, I wouldn't have picked up the entire package but I was interested in the mobo as I don't plan another build until 2011 and I presently use a M2N32 Pro workstation board. I even have a Thunderbird that I'm restoring, try finding a 900 or 1000mhz proc for one of those systems. So your concern is noted.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
              It's more like being protective of other TG members who may be potentially ripped off. I think there is some duty to make sure your friends don't get ripped off.
              If they get taken.....then they learn a lesson now don't they??? The phrase is BUYER beware I believe is it not?
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

this thread seems to have gone off on a tangent...

lets get back to offers and purchases shall we?? :D
                :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                |
                |
                .\__\
                ...../

Comment

If they get taken.....then they learn a lesson now don't they??? The phrase is BUYER beware I believe is it not?
                  Then it best to sell on ebay rather than in a community of people whose hobby is computer gaming. Of course people here will sound off when they see a poor deal.

Comment

Re: Commenting on high prices?

Did you read the rules for this forum? This is not eBay. This forum exists as a trading post for the benefit of the community, not as a retail forum for sellers to get as much as they want from someone.

I want people (buyers and sellers) to get a fair deal. Chiming in with current prices is a great part of establishing what is fair. If you don't like fair deals, then don't post here.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/buy-sel...rum-rules.html
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Re: Commenting on high prices?

I have not watched prices in a long time and was interested by the topic as upgrade for a kids computer. I would not have known off the top of my head that the price was not good without doing a lot of research.

I personally am glad to have the extra input it saves me having to check it out and tells me I'm better off buying new at Newegg. I probably would have gotten there myself eventually but it sure saves me a lot of time. I am glad to have input from other members who keep up this more than I have lately and I totally agree with Cing. Used is used. If I buy used I want it cheap. If I look here for items I am looking for well cared for items at a fair or even bargain price from friends who are out to help the community rather than profit from it.
                      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X