Vista 64 to Win 7 Home Premium - upgrade DVD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista 64 to Win 7 Home Premium - upgrade DVD

I can't use it... I have Vista 32 bit - you must have Vista 64 installed to use this DVD upgrade.

Looking to trade for a usable upgrade that will work with Vista 32.. or will sell for about whatever the lowest "buy it now" price is on Ebay for a similar DVD.

Re: Vista 64 to Win 7 Home Premium - upgrade DVD

is it from a manufacturer or directly from Microsoft?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

It's from Microsoft. I bought a system that I subsequently sold to a friend, but I kept the keycode for the upgrade and Microsoft mailed me the DVD.

Comment

You can 'upgrade' with your Win7 key, even if you install from scratch. Just download the ISO image (you can test Win 7 for 30 days free) and install it. Enter the licence key you have and it should work. 64 bit is better because it can use more than 3.5GB of memory and most drivers are now available on both 32 and 64 bit.

Comment

I went through this with XP as it nowhere said you had to have a 64 bit base OS.

You'll have to wipe Vista from the drive, then install the fresh copy of Win7 64 on the now blank drive. My install never complains about the serial key.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X