Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam: ELDER SCROLLS IV goty EDITION..$9.. !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam: ELDER SCROLLS IV goty EDITION..$9.. !

Well, Not sure if you are reading this then you have played and beat this classic, but for the price of 1 1/2 Value meals at McDonalds you get gaming at it's finest.. plus all the below addons..
    Almost worth a second purchase to encourage this kind of Pricing on steam!

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions plus Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more.
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Steam: ELDER SCROLLS IV goty EDITION..$9.. !

Personally, I believe that the $5 for Morrowind is much more worth it then $9 for Oblivion. Morrowind was a much better game, it had better mods, it had a better storyline, it had better gameplay, just about the only thing Oblivion did better was graphics. I would encourage you all to buy Oblivion as it is a good game, but I hate how everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts talking all about Oblivion and forgets to mention its much better predecessor.

[/endrant]
    Last edited by MacLeod; 06-12-2010, 02:15 PM.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Your right, Morrowind was amazing, and much more difficult to complete quests. You were not babysat the whole way through, and shown where to go as you were in Oblivion. Both are very good games though.

Comment

Like the sound of morrowwind but the graphics put me off :S

I prefer it when games have good graphics, anyone know if there any graphics mods for this? I know there was tons for oblivion

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Couldn't pass it up. It was funny, if you bought them ( III & IV ) individually you could pick up both games for $14 but if you bought the "package" they wanted $34. I checked the graphics on Morrowind and decided to pass.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
            Like the sound of morrowwind but the graphics put me off :S

I prefer it when games have good graphics, anyone know if there any graphics mods for this? I know there was tons for oblivion
            I can find you TONS of mods and I can show you how to add shaders (Morrowind Graphics Extender Application) as well, but it will take a while but I will try to get everything together for you if you want. Most can be found at planetelderscrolls.com or tesnexus.com if your looking around.

Here's the difference between 2002 and 2010 (mods vs no mods)

Heres some more MGE + Mods ones.

Now tell me that Morrowind is an ugly looking game :)
            Last edited by MacLeod; 06-13-2010, 02:32 PM. Reason: Added more Pictures of Beautiful Morrowind :)

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Heard rumors though that MGE does not work on the Steam version...is that true?

Comment

wow, ok get me those mods and I'll get the game :D

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                  Heard rumors though that MGE does not work on the Steam version...is that true?

Cant seem to get it working *sadface*

Comment

Can I get a list of the mods you used to get those graphics??

Comment

Hey Flipmode check this out.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...-extender-mge/

Look at the very last FAQ and it shows how to use steam & MGE. Since I don't use steam myself though (I bought it in 2002 :)) I can't actually tell you how I got it to work myself.

And to adapt, I will get back to you in a bit, I am working on a fresh install of Morrowind messing with shaders and texture mods trying to squeeze the most out of it I can, I will get back and probably make a new post about it then.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

ok sweet, tried to play it without mods, the graphics and animations made me cringe :D

Comment

Graphics wise, you will also have a LOT of variety based on what mods you like the best paired with the shaders you like. You can get anything from Vibrant Morrowind 4.0 to the Morrowind Visual Pack, and there are dozens of mods made for certain areas of the game (Ascadian Isles replaces, Bitter Coast mods, etc). The real thing that makes the graphics look better are the shaders themselves which you can get with the MGE. Frankly, the vanilla Oblivion textures look like crap, but the reason Oblivion looks so much better off the start is because of the bloom, HDR, Depth of Field, blur, and SSAO shaders which come with the game unlike Morrowind which came out in 2002 when most of those didn't exist :P (so you have to add them manually). At the moment, I am trying out different sets of textures with my base shaders and I will get back to you when I find what I really like. There will still be certain parts of Morrowind which seem graphically lower then games today, simply because it was made back in 2002 and you cant change everything about a game (But you can change almost everything). Morrowind is like a fine wine, it is an acquired taste. Once you catch on though, you will never let go :)

Former TG-21st
                          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Note:Creating a Morrowind thread in the roleplaying games forums.

Edit: Thread is up, Enjoy!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/role-pl...ml#post1510997
                            Last edited by MacLeod; 06-14-2010, 11:55 AM.

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...