Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD CPU Upgrade Wanted

Hi all!

I currently have a Athlon XP 1700+. BF2 is hitting it hard so I'm looking to get a better CPU. I currently have a Radeon 9600XT 128MB and 1GB RAM.

My motherboard (Gigabyte 7VAX) supports up to a 3000+. I'm looking for maybe a 2600+ or above. Thanks!

Re: AMD CPU Upgrade Wanted

Where were you when I listed my Athlon 3000+ barton with 400 fsb? I would have let it go here for cheap. I put it on Ebay with a motherboard and it went for $157.

This was only a few weeks ago. Gotta jump when bargains are out there.
    Meat Drapes
    -[OIJ]-
    Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

If you are comfortable with overclocking, the 2500+ Bartons easily overclock to the 3200+ 2.2 GHz... that's what I have done.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Meat...I just learned about TG earlier this week. I wish I HAD been around when you were selling that combo. :)

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
          Hi all!

I currently have a Athlon XP 1700+. BF2 is hitting it hard so I'm looking to get a better CPU. I currently have a Radeon 9600XT 128MB and 1GB RAM.

My motherboard (Gigabyte 7VAX) supports up to a 3000+. I'm looking for maybe a 2600+ or above. Thanks!
          I'm in the same boat I have an AMD 2200 with 768mb of ram. I had a Gforce fx 5900 xt but BF2 was not having it. I went and got a Gforce 6800 GT OC 256 MB card and I was able to bring the settings to medium with 2x anto aliasing. But i still have lots of video lag when theres alot of comotion. I'm also searching for a higher cpu and I'm switching to Corsair memory 1 gig dual channel, with that and maybe a 3500 cpu it should do the trick. BF2 is beautiful game it's just going to cost an arm and a leg if your running some old hardware in your pc.

Comment

BF2 beautiful not really but on topic I got my old 2800+ laying around the house with its ASUS mobo. But to be honest that 9600XT is a problem. I have the 9800 Pro and I can't get to play it on medium and I just upgrade. Only way I can play it on med is overclocking and my Radeon doesn't like being at 400Mhz. I guess it might be time to just get the X850XT PE.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by asch
              If you are comfortable with overclocking, the 2500+ Bartons easily overclock to the 3200+ 2.2 GHz... that's what I have done.
              same

Comment

Does it support a AMD 64 3200+
                Oyee

Comment

The AMD 64 is a 939 socket. So its different from the XP's Socket A i believe it was called.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

I knew that... Im having so many troubles with it i just wanted someone to know my pain...
                    Oyee

Comment

Hey custom, if you were offering up your old 2800+, and DigitalAssasin or Echos don't want it, I'd be interested(just the CPU, not the MB really though...). I've got a 2000+ right now... almost outa options on the socket A, and I gotta just get enough juice to play BF2(if not on beautiful settings).

Comment

Why dont you save your money and try to get a new mobo+cpu?

Prices are droping, you can get a AMD 64 now real cheap, and Mobos are always good upgrades...
                        Oyee

Comment

Custom, if you are interested in selling your 2800 PM me. I have a good Gigabyte MB, I just need a faster CPU.

I know the 9600XT is bit dated but it will work for now. I'd just like to have something closer to 2Ghz CPU-wise.

Comment

K I will I just ogtta figure out how to ship it. I threw the box away along time ago. I am making a new computer so I should get a new CPU box which i can use and I will ship it through that. So we are looking at early Augustish.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Cool, Digital Assassin. Sounds like I am in exactly the same boat as you. I don't feel like building a new system right now, but need just a LITTLE bit more power to tide me over.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X