For Want: any agp video card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Want: any agp video card

and I do mean any. I have a box that runs as a server for the phones where I work. It is just a dinky 3500+ / 2gig DDR / 60gig HDD (used to have a bigger HDD, but that fried... due to the failure of the video card that was in it.....)

anyway, it has a x1650pro 256 in it that I had laying around, and the fan literally fried... melted would be close... caught on fire would be accurate. The server runs our skype phones, so nothing needs to be super powerful... it isn't even hooked up to a monitor. I access it through logmein.

anything would do - so long as it runs. fanless would be awesome. I'd be happy to pay for USPS shipping to get it here.

Right now I am running the server through VMWare on my work desktop, and it is sucking the life out of my machine.... There is no rush to get it here, but I thought I would see if anyone had anything they were on the verge of throwing out that they would not mind shipping out instead.

thanks guys.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: For Want: any agp video card

I've had a 6800 gt lying around for years that I'd like to get rid of. You can have it for the cost of shipping and maybe a few bucks for gas to drop it off. PM me if you're interested.

Scott

Comment

wow... I was looking for tech in the matrox / geforce 2 mx / rage pro era, and get offered a 6800....

I know where it stands by today's standards, but still.

Thank you so much for the offer tuoply - more than generous. I found a Matrox millenium that didn't use a fan (somebody was tossing out an old computer that I gutted for the parts I thought I could use)... which is perfect for my needs.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Did you still want a AGP card Dog? I still have my old Radeon 9600XT with a aftermarket Zalman VF cooler on it (nearly silent fan and runs really cool).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I actually came across a fanless video card that works for my needs. I just need something installed - the computer isn't even hooked up to a monitor. I manage it through LogMeIn. I had an x1650pro in it that burned up and took the HDD with it, so I wanted something a little less powerful / hot. The Geforce2 mx400 is a perfect choice - it doesn't even get warm on the back side of the card.

thank you though, for the offer. sorry it took me so long to get back with you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X