Mass Effect Andromeda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Effect Andromeda

Seen the game getting a lot of hate lately. Question for you all on what you think about it? I can see where people are mad about animations and facial expressions. However i haven't really much ran into the problems people face with the default ryder configuration (its pretty ugly). I have always been a fan of the series and feel my judgement may be skewed. In short i feel that of you can get past the animations and bugs it is offering a good story. Barely scratching the surface after i landed on havaal.

I felt the original trilogy was something new and special. It had a feel all its own, and kept me entertained. I am a big fan. That said, I find Andromeda does not have that same (cant wait to see whats around the corner) feel to it. Andromeda is a good game, with the exception of bugs, some game breaking. I have run into two missions I could not finish and had to load a previous save because of it, but I find it difficult to get as invested in story and characters as easy as the original trilogy. In a new galaxy there was a chance to do something new and fresh, but I cant help feeling this was a missed opportunity. Aliens feel generic and environments are standard ( so far ). Game play is really the only thing it has going for itself but in todays market there are more interesting games available. as soon as I beat it I will be trading this game in on something else. Bioware is making a patch and addressing some issues, but I dont think this is going to be anything that helps what I feel it is missing... This game I feel is a rental. What a shame, I was looking forward to this for a while, Like a good steak at your favorite place when you are starving and when they bring it out to you it is overcooked and half eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      What a shame, I was looking forward to this for a while, Like a good steak at your favorite place when you are starving and when they bring it out to you it is overcooked and half eaten.
      Excellent analogy there. All your points are very valid and I am completely behind you. I originally wasn't going to buy the game but because I invested so much of my life into the original series I was like well... I'm kind of obligated at this point. The reason I wasn't going to buy it? Bioware really ******* me on the ending of ME3. I've never felt so violated in my life to figure out my color changed the ending :(
      I know they said a patch was released to help "Fix" the ending but that didn't bring any sort of comfort. I never went back to touching it after I beat it the first time.

On a gameplay part that is what probably keeps me playing. The bro shooter is fun and entertaining but I absolutely HATE the cover system. I can not tell you how many times I've died because ryder doesn't want to clip behind a rock... I've actually put the breaks on playing it and the story so far seems exactly like the last one. Kett = collectors and the Angara = humans. Bugs I've ran into way too many small ones and one i thought I was going to have to restart my game because the quest wouldn't mark as complete but it still let me advance.

Shane Overall I would say this game is a solid 7 in it's current state. While it offers the fun of a shooter the story seems very generic I will see how my choices pan out over the game.

Comment

Really disliked the M3 ending. Should have been a way for everyone to survive and some accommodation for the reapers as well. Maybe like deleting a virus from their programming.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
          Really disliked the M3 ending. Should have been a way for everyone to survive and some accommodation for the reapers as well. Maybe like deleting a virus from their programming.
          LpBronco Agreed, I beat it in like the first week it was released and got the nice ol' hey my color is blue instead of green ending! I was so irritated I vowed not to play it again and to this day I haven't touched it :)

Comment

...and I replayed the others like 5 times but the ending left me so flat I haven't replayed it since (hard to do now without the multiplayer resources to add to the end game) and haven't even thought of buying this one yet.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

LpBronco The others were sooooo good honestly! My favorite had to be ME2. None of them compare. ME1 was good but the mako... omg the mako.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X