Anyone checked out Borderlands?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone checked out Borderlands?

I saw this in an issue of my sons GameInformer mags and thought I would check it out. It comes out soon, Oct 3rd I believe. It's kinda like a MadMax/BF/RPG game. What do you guys think? Kinda sad though it comes out in a month and they still don't have an actual site for it.

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/home.htm

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HhRTbQ6XkA&feature=related[/media]
    E6600 oc'd to 2.8GHz, Sapphire Tech x1950XTX oc'd, 2gig RAM, WinXP Pro, Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality

Re: Anyone checked out Borderlands?

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this game but there's been surprisingly little talk or news about it. One thing that's contributing is that the release got pushed back from this October. It's not coming out until next year now.

When the release date nears hopefully we'll get some more news. The site has BorderlandsGuide.com has some good info though.

Comment

Hmm...looks to be fun, especially with some friends and fellow TGers. :)

I'll keep a careful on its progress. Thanks for sharing with us Redginald. :D
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wow, that's looks incredibly cool. I'm not sure how I feel about buying anymore incredibly cool games though, lately I've been assed out when no one else buys them :(

Did I miss who the developers are, or did they not say?
        or the engine it's built on?

Comment

Wow...This kinda snuck in didn't it...
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Anybody ever played Steve Jackson's Car Wars? That was a great, fairly simple but fun game. I have always wanted to have a online multi-player version of that.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

31 Mar 2009 for US I saw somewhere.
              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I was actually looking forward to this game. The delay really disappointed me.
                Why So Serious?

Comment

I am sooooo looking forward to this game. It looks like a good blend of Oblivion-style RPG and an FPS, unlike what Fallout 3 resulted in.
                  Bucklin out.

Comment

Looks great! Looks like I'll be spending many hours playing this game and not studying :p

Comment

Borderlands reeeeeaaaaally reminds me of Fallout 3. except its more action than story

Comment

Just wanted to bump this. It's on sale on Steam today. Worth the ten bucks? Would anybody be interested in playing online if I get it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                          Just wanted to bump this. It's on sale on Steam today. Worth the ten bucks? Would anybody be interested in playing online if I get it?
                          I haven't got it reinstalled and patched since my new hard drive, but I'd be more than willing to play online...I think some other 8th would still be willing to play also.
                          Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

hell I can't edit my own post right now, but I'd say it's definitely worth $10, I'm not disappointed that I spent $50 on it, plus the cost of the expansion packs at full price.

I usually play after 10pm EDT, if I'm playing online, I'm logged into steam: catman1975 (steamID)
                            Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

10 bucks, without a doubt its worth that. I'm probably going to pick up fort knox tonight

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X