X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo DSi

$170.

OK, first a complaint :icon11:
    They made it a little wider and thinner. This requires that all those nerf armors and stuff like that be replaced.
    They changed the shape of the charger plug. Although the power requirements are the same. How do I know that? The car charger has one cord out,t hen it splits - into one for the DS and DSi. So again, pure marketing ploy.

SCREW YOU NINTENDO! you could have left it the same size and plug shape, but NOOOO you had to be money hungry weasels who should be shot with rockshalt shotguns!

Anyhow..

Only comes in black and light blue.

No longer has the slot ofr the old gameboy games.

Has a Slot for SD memory card.

Slightly larger screens. T hey say it is brighter, but not sure.

Has 2 cameras. One on inside so you can see it while open, one on outside. Not really sure why you have it on the outside, because when you try to use it, you can't see what it is aimed at, but I suppose that is true of the inside camera (if it isn't aimed at you).

YOu can download new games/content online. Only like 5 games so far, and IMO they all suck. Gonna wait. It comes with 1000 free points (about $10 value, I think) when you buy it for now.

I only "upgraded' because
    a) my old DS was starting to get a bit worn and seemed to not always like charging.
    b) I got $70 trade in towards the DSi for it.
    c) I already had $100 credit by trading in old games.
    Boom.. new DSi for "free"

I actually connected to my wi-fi with the DSi. Never bothered with teh DS. It seems ok. INternet is a bit slow, but what do you expect.

SO far, no complaints other then that nintendo is full of excrement for deliberately changing it to make old add-ons useless.

I'll add more if I ever download stuff other than the free browser.

The games available for download:
    frog that grabs beans from air with tongue
    some puzzle game to get diver down to bottom of ocean?
    game that you look at yourself in camera and move to look like on roller coaster and stuff.
    that sort of junk.
    Hopefully some good games will eventually be available.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: Nintendo DSi

They also removed the GBA port. Bad move Nintendo. >:(

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Gosh. The DSi seems like nintendo just wants to ruin their company. I have the DS lite and the original DS. The DS lite seemed like the better of 2 expect for the gba port. This one takes the GBA port away. SOME OF THE BEST GAMES WERE GBA PORT! Thanks nintendo something else I wont be buying

|TG| Sproge "Tiger how did you flip that tank?!"
      |TG-SC| PM07SNV "We need another world war to base more games on..."
      |TG-AIR| DrBeat: "I just dropped my propane tank in the fire again"

Comment

I suppose the wiser choice over all is DS lite?
        Skud

Comment

I was seriously considering buying one of these but decided against it. I use my DS all the time when I'm sitting on a train, in my car waiting for an appointment etc. Some of the best (and cheapest) games are GBA games and while those extra features would have been nice it's not worth $160 more (or minus whatever the trade-in for my DS is worth) and the fact I wouldn't be able to play half my games.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I also considered it. I own an original DS that I got back on the release date on November 21, 2004. I stood in line for a few hours with my dad. I just don't think I could do without the GBA port.

Comment

No GBA port?

That means I can't play mah pokemans!

I guess I'll stick to buying the DS Lite.
              |TG-Irr|Adaxa
              Active in: BF2142, Project Reality

Comment

I agree

Comment

><;; Need to read more reviews, I knew I would not be buying this last year when they announced it for the GBA port reasons, the camera is roughly 2 megapixels (? not sure on the exact number) or less than my cellphone's, and the battery life is shorter than that of the DS. I take my DS everywhere just like I did with my GBA, GB Color, and GB, but there seems to be no good reason to buy a DSi.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten one if my old DS lite wasn't starting to act a little flakey. but it isn't bad. I got rid of my older Gameboy games and I don't really care about the camera. They have added a couple more games that are ok looking to the download store, but nothing incredible looking.
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

What's the point if you can't play Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker?

Comment

I only bought a DSi over a DS Lite because of the app store eventually coming into it's prime. Eventually.
                        Skud

Comment

Having owned both a DS and a PSP I have to say my favorite portable game player is my ipod touch.
                          "We the unwilling,
                          lead by the unknowing,
                          have done so much with so little for so long
                          we can now do anything with nothing."

Comment

My 13-year-old found one for 125 on CL, the guy was getting rid of it in favor of his DSLite. My son loves it, having no previous handheld to compare to.
                            His favorite features:
                            • Camera
                            • Digital recorder with sound manipulation software
                            • Sketch/animation flipbook

He downloaded one game so far, Asphalt 4 (Racing game) which he beat in about 2 weeks. He seems to spend about a third of his time using it for non-game activities, like making cartoon animations with his own recordings, and taking pictures. I'm all for creative/interactive activities rather than only passive gaming, and that seems to be a cornerstone for Nintendo since 2007, so as a parent these features are a big plus. I did disable his internet access, since there is no apparent limit to what sites you can visit, although flash won't work on it.

He doesn't like the fact that he can't play some games wirelessly with his friends' DSLites (his DL'd game and their DS games aren't compatible).

I think he would have been perfectly happy with a DSLite, but he isn't unhappy with his purchase. Since it was his hard-earned, scrimped-and-saved cash, I'm quite glad this is the case.
                            sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

lol its really fun taking a picture of sis and drawing a mustache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X