Raven Shield 3: Iron Wrath

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven Shield 3: Iron Wrath

In the midst of the Battlefield 2 release, Ubisoft released Raven Shield Iron Wrath.

Iron Wrath was a long rumored code update and expansion for the 3 year old title, and most thought it was canceled.

And then, as if to say, "Hey, EA, pick a finger", there it was, ready to download.

Available only as a File Planet exclusive, the update provides 7 new missions, new weapons, new MP modes, and gives the old Rogue Spear and Raven Shield missions some much needed graphical and networking updates.

Is it worth the download? Yes, I think so. I never was that great at the single player version, so I found the just as difficult as before, although the game was much smoother overall. The little graphical hiccups I experienced straight through the 1.61 patch are now gone, and the game doesn't feel as sluggish as before.

The new levels are certainly a challenge. The AI remains as un-repentantly unforgiving as before: peek your head around a corner, and it's likely to get taken off. And if you don't micro manage the green and gold squads, you will quickly hear lots of "man down" calls.

In Lone Wolf or Instant Action modes, the game becomes much more manageable, not to mention more fun.

Instant action gives you a "Raven Shield Lite" version of the game, one squad, 4 guys, same mission. You can spend more time playing, less time micro managing, without losing much of the overall game play.

Lone Wolf is probably the best training for FPS games you can get, a throwback to games that really tried to kill you, not just shot at you aimlessly.

Raven Shield was at the tops of the tactical shooter, despite a series of bugs and an lackluster expansion. As UBI and Red Storm move to capture more of the console market with this franchise, Iron Wrath appears to be the end of the line for this type of game from them.

End of an era, and a fitting one at that.

For more information check: Team Warfare
    IGN

And download here: http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/ironwrath/
    Last edited by Mateo; 08-26-2005, 07:56 AM.

Re: Raven Sheild 3: Iron Wrath

I've always been a big fan of these games, and the Iron wrath expansion is perfect for the price. Thanks for the review.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert E.

Comment

Re: Raven Sheild 3: Iron Wrath

I am going through all the missions in SP mode I cannot get mission 4 (Tower Shark) to work. The mission comes up with a full screen view of the water and locks up. I am running version 1.0 (can't find any later patches) and have all other Ravenshield games and mods fully patched. I have reloaded Iron Wrath multiple times. re-downloaded it, have tried to change some of the .rsm,.ini., tga. files to no avail. However, I am not a qualified modeler. I

Dies anyone know of a fix for this or a patch I don't know of? The 1.6 patch for Ravenshield has been applied. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Re: Raven Shield 3: Iron Wrath

I wish I could pinpoint the issue. I've played through the entire thing before with a download through the old Raven-Shield.com website. But it looks like they've killed that site off. Could be a corrupt download/upload. You might get a hold of Fileplanet.
        "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'll try another download from File Planet. I did try to substitute another mission's files and renamed them to the problem mission. No luck. Missed some threads or something else. I am probably spending more time on this than it warrants, but it has become a challenge now to see who wins. Good thing I am retired.

Comment

Might be worth taking a look into. Damn this game was so much fun.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
            The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
              Might be worth taking a look into. Damn this game was so much fun.
              Oh...do we still have some |TG| guys playing it? We could get some Coop going on (if i can get my hands on my CDs)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

This game looks really fun, but I'm saving for Bayonetta :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed