Need new game...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new game...

I'm getting the itch to get back into an online FPS. I am currently totally immersed in the Total War series (RTW-EB mod at the moment) but I need some FPS action as a counter balance.

I have BC2 installed still and I did play it a good bit for a while, but I've never tried the Project Reality mod for BF2. I have the COD:MW games, but on 360 which got old relatively fast. I need the TG style of play to really keep me going for online play, I guess I'm totally spoiled by TG for a long time now. :)

So what is a good active game to jump in to for some fps fun? Thanks!
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Re: Need new game...

There's an older thread with the same topic, that's just a few months old, here: Time for a new FPS

I'm personally immersed in BC2. However, I'll admit there are others here who feel the game lacks tactical play and teamwork. Obviously, I feel otherwise. There are components missing to make it even more tactical and teamwork oriented, but I think provided the constraints of its features, it's still tactical, just in a different way.

Then again, you played the game. If you liked it, then I don't see a reason to stop playing. If you didn't like it, I'm sure there are plenty other games here more suited for your liking. I'd recommend 2142, since it's arguably my favorite game of the BF series, but I don't play TG 2142 often.

Comment

No, I like BC2, not as much as I will hopefully like BF3! :) I'll probably just log back on BC2 for a bit and see how it goes. Thanks.
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Project Reality, a HUGE mod thats free (BF2 is only like 5$ anyways). It's a beautiful mod that I've spent hundreds of hours (around 700 actually). It takes BF2 and slows everything down, bullets do more damage (2 shot kills), certain kits (AT, Sniper, Automatic Rifleman) are now limited in use. It's too much to explain in one easy way. The best way to learn about PR is to play it.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I have BC2 and enjoy it. It's got more "action" then PR does but still not as small or frantic as the COD series of games. I do really enjoy COD though because I don't have lots of free time to game so 30-45 minutes gets me lots of shooting. However I always find myself firing up PR every once and a while when I know I can dedicate a few hours. The recent release is just amazing. But it is a much slower paced game and something you need some solid time to play or it will not be rewarding. PR also seems to have people willing to work as a squad on more then just the TG servers, something that can't be said for most other games.

Comment

Perhaps this bit of news will cheer you up. A new battlefield will be announced this Friday, NOT battlefield 3, but a brand new game! I'm exited and worried after what happened with BC2.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=273415
            2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
            BC2: |TG| Wesb2
            BF3: Wesb23

Comment

What about Miner Wars?

It is still in alpha version BUT you get the game at 70% off.

I made a thread about it here. Best of all it is a Independent title.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/mass-mu...ml#post1562071
              And when he get to heaven,
              To Saint Peter he will tell;
              One more soldier reporting sir
              I've serve my time in hell

Comment

For a fairly short experience try Singularity or Splinter Cell. They've both got pretty damn good campaigns. Mass Effect 1 will run you around 13 hours, 2 30 hours.
                No real input on the multiplayer side.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X