The Walking Dead - New Series on AMC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead - New Series on AMC

Did anyone else catch this. Comes on sundays on amc, I had to catch the premiere on hulu http://www.hulu.com/search?query=the+walking+dead&st=1
    and from what I saw its very cool. The start was a little to much like 28 days later but other than that I was impressed.

Re: The Walking Dead - New Series on AMC

It's a great show. I've been reading the comic for the past few months and, trust me, it's only going to get crazier. If the network lets them do it, this show is going to have some of the most insane stuff ever seen on TV.

BTW, it's not a ripoff of 28DL. The author already had the first couple of issues done when 28DL came out. Besides, waking up in a hospital like that really isn't a new concept - from Resident Evil to Day of the Triffids, it has been done before.

Comment

I loved the premiere, thought it was great. I really can't wait to see what happens next.

Comment

You're right, it did start out a bit like 28 days later, but honestly, how many "wake up in the middle of a zombie apocalypse" situations are there?

As for it getting more exciting, I can completely understand why. Its a series. Its not a movie where they flesh out the characters in 5 minutes or not at all. It needed some development and I'm sure we'll get plenty more. But I have been assured by reliable sources that as of tomorrows episode, its going to get a lot more zombie-action-packed.

Comment

Second episode was gore crazy, super fun.

Comment

Watched the second episode last night and it was awesome! I do have to say that when they showed the white guy with the rifle shooting the zombies, Left 4 Dead popped into my head as that guy resembled the biker guy from the game. The black guy to me resembled the gy from the game as he was always scared and running away. Other than those two I couldn't connect any of the other actor's to the game.
            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

You know, episode one was so good, episode two had to be a letdown. But not as much as I expected, great to see Michael Rooker as Merle and the action was good if not as intense as in the first episode.
              A part of me wish the sideplot with the wife and partner wasn´t included, give me more zombie-apocalyse instead!
              sigpic

Comment

As someone who is an avid reader of the series... I have some issues with the show.

That aside, I can accept it as a good TV show regardless.
                Skud

Comment

I don't have a link handy, but AMC has already renewed it for a second season. Let's hope they get moving on it soon since this "season" is only six episodes.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
                  |TG|Melee
                  Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I hope it doesn't get canned like every other show I started from the first episode. Jericho, Firefly......../sigh.....

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Episode 3 was really good as well. A bit slower but enough plot twists to keep you wanting more.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it had some good character development.

Comment

I especially liked the fact that the partner doesn´t seem to be such a nice guy after all. Makes the love triangle plot a lot more interesting.
                          And the hacksaw made me think of Mad Max: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2x8RhadlpA#t=01m57s
                          sigpic

Comment

For me Episode 3 was a letdown.
                            I found the love triangle / character development thing plain boring.
                            I think I saw like 2 zombies killed and that was it.
                            If they dont start killing zombies and cut out the soap opera, Im done.

|

Comment

Pretty big fan of the series too. I heard season 1 is only 6 episodes?

Like others, episode 3 was a bit slower for my liking. While I don't mind the love triangle and camp stuff, it's a series, so they're going to have to pace themselves. It can't just be all zombies for 60 minutes, so they have to toss in some side stories to keep things interesting and varied. Besides, it feels like they're building up for better things... mostly internal conflicts.

I'm hoping they address how the apocalypse started, and how widespread it is. I'm sure they will, but in the first 3 episodes, it's a storyline/issue they've barely touched.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X