Bored: Quake Live down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored: Quake Live down

Ok so I installed a new HDD earlier this evening and after that I have had a bunch of problems.
    Whenever I join a BC2 server I get kicked by PunkBuster. I get the lovely pnkbstrB/A.exe handshake fail message.
    Now to solve this I usually just update PB manually but tonight this does not fix the issue, I even unistalled PunkBuster and reinstalled it to no avail. Thing is none of my games are working properly online. I have tried TF2, CS: source, BC2, CS 1.6 etc. These games all run PunkBuster.
    At one time I was able to play on a Swedish server (my country) but none otherwise.

So I suspect that maybe the change in hardware is screwing with the PB client, but who knows?

I thought that Quake live would satisfy my gaming needs for this evening. alas it is down for maintenance.
    I was greeted with a youtube video that really made me drop my jaw. How the hell do you get that good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WloiU...layer_embedded

I was really impressed by this video since Quake is in a way my first experience with multiplayer FPS games. I remember playing Quake 1 only using the keyboard and calling all the players with a mouse stupid (I was 12) Hell I even used the game CD in my stereo to listen to the soundtrack by Trent Reznor (NiN)

So does anyone here on TG play Quake Live?
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Re: Bored: Quake Live down

Hmmm...I've got the ID superpack. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/440/ Surely it's in there somewhere? I've only got a few of the titles installed.

Comment

Nah, Quake Live isn't a Steam title, it's actually a web based game on www.quakelive.com
      "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
      -- Red Forman

Comment

I may have found a solution finally.

I had to tab out of the game after being kicked, go to the PnkBstrA and B execs processes and run them as administrator.
        Restart the game.
        After that I have no problems. Why i had to do that to get it working properly again I have no idea.

So if some of you have similar issues with Punk Buster, try it out.
        I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
        "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...