No announcement yet.

Hello all! I am a newbie and here I am.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! I am a newbie and here I am.

I can't remember exactly where I heard of Tactical Gamer, but none the less here I am. New to the community but from all the browsing and reading I've been doing, it sounds like a great place to be where I can truly appreciate being in the midst of gamers that don't scream "OMG WTF NOOB" and are exceedingly immature all the time.

In any event, I'm glad to be here, and hope to be joining you all in games sometime soon.

P.S. - I would update my profile, but for some reason I can't. There are errors or something like that when I try to edit my profile, any thoughts?

Re: Hello all! I am a newbie and here I am.

Welcome to TG Wafflebot! I'm sure you'll find, as many many others have, that this is the best place on the internet for gaming. Feel free to look around, post anywhere, and make some friends. Be sure to read the TG Primer and any applicable rules and SOPs for titles that you play here and you'll be in good standing.

As far as the profile goes, I honestly have no idea why it wouldnt be working. I might suggest trying a different browser and see if that works. If not, try posting about the problem in the Contact An Admin forum (which can be found at the very bottom of the forum list) and the site admins can take a look into the issue.

Again, Welcome to TG!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome Ferris. :)

I have definitely been doing a lot of reading today on here. I know I read the primer and some of the SOP's for the games I play. I'll be catching up on the rest once I get home (currently at work).

Comment

Excellent! Like i said, dont hesitate to jump into discussions in game forums either, even if you're brand new. I think you'll find that just about everyone around here is more than happy to overlook that minor detail. :D

Comment

Welcome Wafflebot (I like the name) I hope you enjoy your stay here with us at TG.
          BTW, what games do you play?
          sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Welcome to the community Waffle! Because of much of the immaturity, TG is my favorite online gaming place to be! Don't be hesitant to ask questions and jump into the conversation! Make sure you install TS so you can take part in the talk there too!

Comment

Originally posted by Wafflebot View Post
              P.S. - I would update my profile, but for some reason I can't. There are errors or something like that when I try to edit my profile, any thoughts?
              Explain what happens... Does it send you to a page with some error text, what does that say (copy & paste it here)? Or, if it does something else describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinman13 View Post
                Welcome Wafflebot (I like the name) I hope you enjoy your stay here with us at TG.
                BTW, what games do you play?
                Thanks for the welcome Vinman. :)

The games I play (in no particular order):

Arma2 (with OA and BAF)
                Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
                Rock Band 3 (PS3)

Those are just the games I've been playing lately. I have a bit more on my steam account (look up uberakito) and PS3 (PSN: Wafflebot).

What about you? Due to your sig, I'm guessing military games? I can dig that.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                  Explain what happens... Does it send you to a page with some error text, what does that say (copy & paste it here)? Or, if it does something else describe it.
                  When I go into my profile I click on "Customize my profile" on the right hand side. After clicking on it the screen sort of scrolls down a bit and I just have a large empty space with a white box with rounded edges that says "General". Here is a screenshot:

Comment

Well that is weird... Make sure Firefox is updated. Try the same page in another browser too, if updating Firefox doesn't work.
                    Might be some bug with your version of Firefox on Windows not liking what the site is trying to do.
                    If updating Firefox doesn't work, I'd suggest posting in the Contact An Admin forums (bottom of the forums list) telling them exactly what you said here and tell them that Firefox does that for you.

I'm not sure what options you are looking for, but just for your information that box is supposed to let you change the colors and such on the page you were on... if you want to edit account info, you want to click on "Settings" at the top right of the page, in the header, and then you'll have options to edit parts of your profile on the left sidebar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wafflebot View Post
                      Thanks for the welcome Vinman. :)

The games I play (in no particular order):

Arma2 (with OA and BAF)
                      Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
                      Rock Band 3 (PS3)

Those are just the games I've been playing lately. I have a bit more on my steam account (look up uberakito) and PS3 (PSN: Wafflebot).

What about you? Due to your sig, I'm guessing military games? I can dig that.
                      Right now I play Battlefield:Bad Company 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Battlefield 2142, Team Fortress 2, Lately ive been playin Madden 07, and last but not least Project Reality for BF2. All games are on PC. You should deffinately get Battlefield 2, its only 5-10$ and a LOT of TG'ers play it. You'd love the Project Reality mod!
                      sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Ya I need to get BF2 again. I still have the discs for BF2 and BF2142, but lost the manuals with the serial codes ages ago haha.

Comment

Welcome to TG. You can go to the Arma forums and get hooked up with our Teamspeak and game servers. Right now vanilla ArmaAO is on the Alpha server and Bravo server is the Ace server. Arma is kind of sporatic right now but have been having a full server on Alpha nightly in the last week. Hope to see you in the field soon.

Comment

OMG another NOOB ! LOL just kidding you found a great community here, welcome :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X