Site Upgrades / Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Upgrades / Changes

As you all know I have been largely MIA for quite a while. That's changing....

I'm going to skip all the details, but over the past couple years I have gone through some relatively massive life changes combined with some unruly power issues. The combined result of these two left me without much in the way of functioning technology (gaming rig) at home to do much of anything. That brings us to today...

As of mid last week I have re-built my gaming rig and replaced all the hardware that got fried. I've also gotten all my data restored which gives me all the original .PSD files needed for things like the user bars and tons of other site related things. I have been working since then to get things in order and work out a plan for the future of TG.

I have completed a few site upgrades to resolve a number of technical problems. One of the things I think many of you will enjoy is the return of customizable profiles. If you don't know what that means check out my profile. I'm only using a simple background change on mine, but I know many of you went much further with the customization.

The style/theme of the site has had numerous issues since we upgraded to vBulletin 4.x as well. I have been working on those and will be building a new style for TG to resolve these issues. That might take me a couple weeks, but it's high on the priority list.

In terms of advertising; our SMs don't have a problem there because they don't see ads. They help support TG directly through their subscription. As for registered users that are NOT SMs, you are dealing with the full brunt of the ad placements. I want to make some changes here....

I understand that times are tough and some of you don't have the ability to support TG. I certainly feel for you in that regard because I'm going through similar problems myself. My intent is to make an ad-free yearly subscription to the tune of $10-$15. Additionally; I really want to step up content creation, articles, and reviews. We will be launching a program shortly that will allow members to exchange content contribution for SM status. If you're already a SM, I am looking at another program to provide free games in return for reviews and articles.

Tactical Gamer has grown a lot over the years. If you look around the forums outside of the gaming areas, as a community we have a very high interest in various forms of technology and home electronics. I want to expand on this and provide reviews and resources for the community in addition to the forums. Ideas in this regard are welcome.

There are a couple other major administrative changes that have occurred that I will be officially announcing soon.

I'm posting this in general because I want to welcome MATURE DISCUSSION and ideas related to the above. If you have any ideas or contributions, please feel free to post!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Site Upgrades / Changes

Excellent work, and excellent news. Glad to hear we might be seeing you about more, and particularly to have the chance to shoot at you in a game or two.

Regards the content, it is something I have wondered about for a while. We have a Blog system that seems to be working better and better, and the next step would be a review centre, perhaps of hardware, software, games etc. All in the name of TG. I like.

I noticed my old Profile Theme came back earlier this week, thanks for the clarification! Best change it now! :D

Comment

Great news. Welcome back Apo.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

First and foremost, welcome back to the digital frontier! I know firsthand how painful a trip through the void can be.

As for the site changes and new ideas, bring it on! It sounds like some great ideas have been cooked up and I look forward to seeing what the community can do with things from here!

Comment

Ahh this profile thing is fun. Check it out - Background takes some time to load though
          Last edited by MacLeod; 12-04-2010, 10:29 PM.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Welcome back! Look forward to gaming with you. Hopefully you aren't a bullet magnet like asch was. That guy could get shot in the loading screen.

As far as changes, as was stated earlier, lets do it. Have a few ideas for the review stuff. I think that could be interesting. Maybe a weekly video or something reviewing a new game, patch, hardware, etc. These are indeed good times at TG.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Sounds good. Do you think there would be any interest in book reviews for related topics, i.e. Military books for all our FPS/mil sim fans etc. I have been toying with the idea for some time.

Comment

A welcome back is beyond the truth. Yo u have been dearly missed boss. Good to see you. As usual the site is in very good hands and if I can be of any help do not hesitate to ask. Changes are good.

I love having my profile page back.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Awesome! I'm really excited to see what is to come!

Comment

Welcome back Apophis. I'm so very glad to hear the awesome news. I know not having a rig bites because that is what I'm going through now. I miss gaming with a lot of the TG members. I'm glad you were able to get a rig put together. YAY! for customization I'm truly one of the biggest fan of being able to customize my profile. Now I can go back to changing it every two weeks lol. Thank you for all the hard work and again....welcome back. :)
                    |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Folks, please, if you have ideas for us to consider, please post them in the Site CAA forum or PM me(Apophis has ehough PMs to go through :D ). We want to hear what you gvuys have to say and we want to keep the ideas flowing.

Comment

Great job! Pages size properly on my netbook ( 1024x600. So now I don't have to use compatibility view). One little bug with IE8 in compatibility view; the reply box background shows up white so you don't see what you're typing. Glad Bono is gone :P

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X