Tactical Gamer Facebook - Official

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Facebook - Official

I know there are a few unofficial TG groups out there on Facebook, but I'm going to be working on FB integration here shortly so I needed to create an official one.

Official Tactical Gamer Facebook Page

I have a new block that will be going up on the front page, but I wanted to give the normal regular users a chance to get themselves involved early!

So for those of you Facebook people out there, have at it!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Tactical Gamer Facebook - Official

TG added to my FaceBook. Another great idea from the man, thanks Apo.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I have a question.. it says TG was founded in 1996. What game was being played tactically in 1996? TF?

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
        I have a question.. it says TG was founded in 1996. What game was being played tactically in 1996? TF?
        Quake 2 LMCTF was probably the first title. We then moved into Half-Life when it was released and eventually Counter-Strike.

Comment

thats cool.. I had always assumed TG was more like 2003 or something.

Comment

Now we need to get as many members to like/join it as we do here and we can start our conquest of ruling facebook. Bwhaaaaaa
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
              Now we need to get as many members to like/join it as we do here and we can start our conquest of ruling facebook. Bwhaaaaaa
              I got our API key for Tactical Gamer and briefly turned on and tested the integration. It's actually fairly neat. Fully enabled, it allows you to register for TG and set up your whole account with a couple clicks if you're a new user coming from Facebook. It allows members to individually turn on/off the integration too. For those with it enabled, it lets you like any news item, post, blog entry, etc. and also share on your wall with direct links.

We've got about 25 people in so far, so at least it won't be AS embarrassing putting it up on the front page with 0 likes. But you can all feel free to spread this through your individual game forums and such to help get the word out.

Comment

So for pages like this, just pressing "like" means you've joined the group?

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                  So for pages like this, just pressing "like" means you've joined the group?
                  When you view the FB page, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                    Vin Diesel got 20 million likes. Try to beat that :)

Facebook integration is a good idea to make the sign up quick and easy for people new to TG. Also driving traffic to TG from Facebook makes sense.

Personally I added the Facebook Social Plugins (Like Button etc) to my AdBlock list because i don't want to give them a list of sites i visit.
                    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X