Humble Indie Bundle 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Indie Bundle 2

It's here! 5 more games for us to entertain ourselves with! As with the first one, it's a pay-what-you-want package, comes in mac, windows, and linux flavors and supports charities (Child's Play and Electronic Frontier Foundation). So if you've got some cash to spare, I highly recommend picking it up.
    The games are:
    Braid

Cortex Command

Osmos

Revenge of the Titans

Machinarium

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Re: Humble Indie Bundle 2

Ohboyohboyohboy.
    Wonder why the news letter didn't tell me about this yet.

I loved Braid. The puzzles were awesome, the music and art and their interaction with the gameplay is amazing. I'd play it over again.
    I've heard good things about Cortex Command. The detail of physics/interaction seem pretty in depth... from ricochets to digging through quickly through dirt but slowly through stone.
    Osmos seems pretty chill. Should provide some relaxing entertainment.

As for Machinarium and Titans, though, I'm not a big point-n-click or TD fan... so those might get a try or two but not likely to be my favorites.

Support the Indies and their cause, people.

Comment

Osmos freaking rules. The soundtrack (which you also get to download with the bundle, along with the machinarium soundtrack) is really relaxed and the game is massively addicting, especially when you get to the later levels and it gets really rough. Speaking of osmos and the soundtrack, one of my favorite features of the game is that the music slows down/speeds up when you slow down or speed up time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        Speaking of osmos and the soundtrack, one of my favorite features of the game is that the music slows down/speeds up when you slow down or speed up time.
        I'm going to go ahead and assume you meant Braid here... I never heard of being able to control time in Osmos...

Comment

Nope, I meant Osmos. There are times when its absolutely necessary to play with time or you'd lose...or wait a really long time for obstacles to clear your path. In osmos: right click to slow time. ctrl+right click to speed up time.

Comment

Huh.

Well that's interesting. Both that there's time control in Osmos, and that it has the same feature as Braid with music manipulation.

Anyway... Cortex Command is quite cool. It's certainly an interesting concept, delivered well by a detailed physics simulation. Dropships level themselves out as they fall, bullets both deviate and fall over distances... I like how in one of the modes you both make your base and then defend it... built a few versions of a sniper bunker and just messed about shooting them as they came in view. I'll have to sit down with it more to see it's full potential, but at the very least it is a good bit of fun.

Revenge of the Titans is actually really cool... it's small-scale RTS battles with persistent progression... sort of a combination between RTS and tower-defense games. Enemies approach from a few marked areas, but they don't follow a single path, and you do other things like mine crystal for currency... and it keeps the action going by having you interact with objects to keep things going, like reloading your turrets, or collecting the crystal you've mined... It looks like something I can enjoy even as someone who dislikes tower-defense and some of the tedious, slower RTS games. I'll probably enjoy it more than I thought I would at first.

Comment

You can activate the bundle on steam now. Just go to your download link to generate a key.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

http://www.humblebundle.com/bundle-in-bundle
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse